Sign in to follow this  

Correct FCR?

Hello all, I'm currently arranging to buy a fcr 39mm carb. Everything looks good about it, but my question is just because I'm told its an "fcr 39mm" how do I know its the right one of my drz? I know pictures are worth a thousand words so here it is.

fcrcarb003.jpg

Is this something I can buy separate? The google machine shows it as just a piece of pipe thats tapered on one end.

"intake bell" is the part of the carb where the air enters. I can't tell if it is removable or not from the pix. This looks like a old Yamaha carb. Probably not a good investment.

This FCR is off an 03 KLX 400R the intake bell is built on, not added like on the MX FCR. "It fits without it."

Same Fcr are all the older DRZ and KLX's are running.

I have a Fcr on my klx400 but my drz has a MX FCR which has a removable intake bell.

Will not preform like a brand new MX FCR 39mm but it is a FCR for a klx/drz.

This FCR is off an 03 KLX 400R the intake bell is built on

negative,that is a yamaha carb. that doesnt mean the carb is bad but it definately not a E model fcr. in order to use the carb you neeed a E model air boot.

Normally works out just as much trying to get it to work.. Just buy a right one in first place :-)

Words to live by!!! I found out the hard way!!!

It will work just great! I have one that is almost identical. TPS won't work. You will have to stretch the intake boot and tighten the clamps to get everything to hold. Make sure its on straight. I grinded some of the throttle cover off to get it not to rub the frame and moved the black oil tank outward to give the carb more room. I recommend using only the pull throttle cable or buying yamaha cables but I don't know about the length.