Antigravity Batteries Giveaways: Winners Announced! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Can someone tell me how exactly how to take a length out of motorcycle chain?

I have a 2001 Honda CR125. The bike keeps blowing chains. There are no teeth broke on the sproket. I have the axle adjusted all the way to the back of the swayarm and the bike keeps blowing chains. Should I take a length out? And if so can someone tell me how exactly how to take a length out of a chain? I have no special tools for this or anyhting like that.

I have a 2001 Honda CR125. The bike keeps blowing chains. There are no teeth broke on the sproket. I have the axle adjusted all the way to the back of the swayarm and the bike keeps blowing chains. Should I take a length out? And if so can someone tell me how exactly how to take a length out of a chain? I have no special tools for this or anyhting like that.

What do you mean "blowing" chains? If your chain is the correct number of links, but is stretched to the point where you cannot adjust it properly, then you need a new chain. You also probably need new sprockets. Buy a chain/sprocket combo.

JayC

if the teeth on the front sprocket is leaning foward it is shot. if you can grabe the chain in the middle of the back sprocket and pull it away it is shot or right on at it. To take a link out just grind the link that you are taking out down flush with the chain and then put the other end of the link over a opening like a socket and use a center push and knock it out.

remove the master link, then take a link out then use the master link to put it back togather.