Sign in to follow this  

2008 CRF150F oil help!

Hello guys, I have a quick question. I am going to street track and Trail tomorrow to pick up some oil and a filter. First off, how much oil does the 2008 crf150f hold? Second, what kind of oil do I need to put in the bike, as I don't want to hurt the bike by putting the wrong oil in. Thanks guys!:thumbsup:

1.1 quarts. I use Rotella T 15w40. Get the motor up to normal operating temp. Take the bike for a 10 minute ride and bring the bike back hot and dump the oil within 5 minutes after shut down, let it all come out. Rock the bike side to side and repeat to get all of the oil out. To measure oil level, unscrew the dip stick, wipe clean, and simply put the dip stick in the hole "do not screw it in" you just stick it flush into the hole to take an accurate measurement on a level surface.

Hello guys, I have a quick question. I am going to street track and Trail tomorrow to pick up some oil and a filter. First off, how much oil does the 2008 crf150f hold? Second, what kind of oil do I need to put in the bike, as I don't want to hurt the bike by putting the wrong oil in. Thanks guys!:thumbsup:

Ditto on the Rotella 15w40. The stuff in the white bottle. DO NOT use Synthetic. There’s no replaceable filter. When you remove the drain cap, there will be a spring and a screen that come out with it. Examine the screen for any evidence of the engine internals breaking down, should be none. Rinse off the screen and put it back in the same way it came out.

When the time comes to replace the clutch plates, then you will find the oil filter. It’s a centrifugal filter that needs to be opened up and cleaned out every time you examine or change the clutch plates. I have a 1974 Honda XL350 that has the same type of centrifugal oil filter. It’s been cleaned once since new. Yep, 37 years and only cleaned once. Ran the original clutch plates for 32 years. Still has the original brake and clutch cables on it. Amazing how long a Honda will last if you take care of them!