Glen helen usgp qualifying & race links

head2603.jpg

Warm-up and Practice:

Live Timing and Scoring

Live Timing and Scoring (with no header)

Live Qualifying and Race Coverage:

MX-Life TV

Sat May 14, 2011

2:00 - LIVE Live Studio

3:00 - LIVE VMX Race 1

4:00 - LIVE MX2 Qualifying Race

4:50 - LIVE MX1 Qualifying Race

Sun May 15, 2011

10:00 - LIVE VMX Race 2

12:00 - LIVE MX2 Grand Prix Race 1

1:00 - LIVE MX1 Grand Prix Race 1

3:00 - LIVE MX2 Grand Prix Race 2

4:00 - LIVE MX1 Grand Prix Race 2

5:00 - LIVE Exclusive Interview

5:50 - LIVE News

Results and Points Page

Track Map:

2011glenhelengptrack3.jpg

Saturday, May 14, 2011

VMX Free Practice (max. 50 Riders) 8:40AM-9:10AM

MX 2 Free Practice: 9:30 AM - 10:05 AM

MX 1 Free Practice: 10:15 AM - 10:50 AM

VMX Time Practice (Max. 50 Riders) 11:00AM-11:30AM

MX 2 Pre-Qualifying Practice: 1:15 PM - 1:45PM

- Start Test Session immediately after Time Practice

MX 1 Pre-Qualifying Practice: 2:00 PM - 2:30 PM

- Start Test Session immediately after Time Practice

VMX Race 1 (Max. 40 Riders)

(motorcycles in waiting zone - sighting lap) 3:00PM

(20 min. + 2 laps) 3:10PM

MX 2 Qualifying Race:

Motorcycles in Waiting Zone (Sighting Lap) - 4:00PM

20 minutes + 2 laps - 4:10PM

MX 1 Qualifying Race:

Motorcycles in Waiting Zone (Sighting Lap) - 4:50 PM

20 minutes + 2 laps - 5:00PM

Sunday, May 15, 2011

MX 2 Warm-Up: 9:00 AM - 9:20 AM

MX 1 Warm-Up: 9:30 AM - 9:50 AM

VMX Race 2 (Max. 40 Riders)

(motorcycles in waiting zone - sighting lap) 10:10AM

(20 min. + 2 laps) 10:20AM

MX 2 Grand Prix Race 1:

Motorcycles in Waiting Zone (Sighting Lap) - 12:00 PM

35 minutes + 2 laps - 12:10 PM

MX 1 Grand Prix Race 1:

Motorcycles in Waiting Zone (Sighting Lap) - 1:00 PM

35 minutes + 2 laps - 1:10 PM

MX 2 Grand Prix Race 2:

Motorcycles in Waiting Zone (Sighting Lap) - 2:53 PM

Start of the Race (35 minutes + 2 laps) - 3:03 PM

- Prize-Giving Ceremony: 1, 2, & 3 of the overall results of MX2 MX World Championship immediately after Race MX2 Race 2

MX 1 Grand Prix Race 2:

Motorcycles in Waiting Zone (Sighting Lap) - 3:53 PM

Start of the Race (35 minutes + 2 laps) - 4:03 PM

Prize-Giving Ceremony: 1, 2 & 3 of the overall results of MX2 MX World Championship immediately after Race MX1 Race 2

ya after the take out crash stannd on ivan ted. bike trying to hit the kill button

What a thing to become famous for! :confused: I guess any publicity is good publicity. ?

Can you even imagine Bob Hannah [and most others] says "I won't ride the USGP because I can't risk getting hurt before the Nationals"?

HTFU has been replaced with current 'sports star' mentality atmo.

Sad is right.

That's just sad...many people said that top GP guys should compete with the AMA guys and now all complete GP paddock came tu USA and no riders willing to race....that's just sad ?:worthy:

It is sad, but IMO it's bad timing more than anything else. All the US riders have just finished the SX season where they've been going at it since early January. This is the "1" weekend they have off before they start a tough outdoor season. Wouldn't it be great to combine the USGP with the 1st race of the Lucas Oil Pro Motocross series. I know it'll probably never happen because of endorsement contracts etc. etc., but scheduling wise, it makes perfect sense. What an event to kick off the MX season for the US, it would be bigger than the MXoN. This is a deal that needs to get done, for the future of our sport!!!:confused:

The American riders need to get the bikes setup especially for Hangtown which is unlike Glen Helen. Remember last year when Barcia's Honda was pogoing all over the place at hangtown? Besides our top riders would take too many points away from the Euro's.

If this was back in the 80´s and 90´s the startinglist would be full of Americans top riders !

What has happened to the sport !?

Sure it is more proffesional these days but the sport has lost alot of its glory. Everything is about contracts, sponsors and money. Where is the passion these days ???

This is efing lame that no top riders are racing. I realize they have super busy schedules and Nationals are starting next week but what better way to get ready for it? I know people will say why risk an injury but you can get hurt just as bad practicing. This makes a look like a buch of pansies.

This is efing lame that no top riders are racing. I realize they have super busy schedules and Nationals are starting next week but what better way to get ready for it? I know people will say why risk an injury but you can get hurt just as bad practicing. This makes a look like a buch of pansies.

Its unfortunate that the US riders do not race but is completly understandable. The schedule these pro's keep these days is nothing like it was back in the 80s and early 90s. 1)..These guys these daysdon't get enough time off to heal, 2).. They have two weeks to do some REAL testing to get ready for the Nationals and it's not like you can pull off the track at a GP race and tell your mechanic "lets adjust the fork height, change the rear spring and swap the tires", 3)... they prove year after year that they are NOT pansies by taking the Chamberlain trophy at the Des Nations and 4)... to hell with Glen Hellen raceway management, they sold out on what was a traditional race track for the Nationals. Why should our racers go there and help put money in their or Gissepi's pocket and support them?!?!

Hey Glen Hellen, this is for you.....?:moon::confused::worthy:

If this was back in the 80´s and 90´s the startinglist would be full of Americans top riders !

What has happened to the sport !?

Sure it is more proffesional these days but the sport has lost alot of its glory. Everything is about contracts, sponsors and money. Where is the passion these days ???

Scheduling, thats what happened. The GP racers dont do a full blown supercross season since January 5th with just 1 weekend off. They don't do SX at all so they can concentrate soley on the upcoming GP season. If this was like the old days when the US riders had over a month beween the end of SX and the start of MX, you can bet they would be there in droves taking every spot on the podium!...

It is sad, but IMO it's bad timing more than anything else. All the US riders have just finished the SX season where they've been going at it since early January. This is the "1" weekend they have off before they start a tough outdoor season. Wouldn't it be great to combine the USGP with the 1st race of the Lucas Oil Pro Motocross series. I know it'll probably never happen because of endorsement contracts etc. etc., but scheduling wise, it makes perfect sense. What an event to kick off the MX season for the US, it would be bigger than the MXoN. This is a deal that needs to get done, for the future of our sport!!!?

how would you handle that many riders in one race? take half of each field out? that would be a long way for the euro riders to travel and not qualify since they are up against their best and ours...

Its unfortunate that the US riders do not race but is completly understandable. The schedule these pro's keep these days is nothing like it was back in the 80s and early 90s. 1)..These guys these daysdon't get enough time off to heal, 2).. They have two weeks to do some REAL testing to get ready for the Nationals and it's not like you can pull off the track at a GP race and tell your mechanic "lets adjust the fork height, change the rear spring and swap the tires", 3)... they prove year after year that they are NOT pansies by taking the Chamberlain trophy at the Des Nations and 4)... to hell with Glen Hellen raceway management, they sold out on what was a traditional race track for the Nationals. Why should our racers go there and help put money in their or Gissepi's pocket and support them?!?!

Hey Glen Hellen, this is for you.....?:moon::confused::worthy:

damn right ! not to mention they have let the place go to hell ........ when all the rigs and sponsor banners and people arent there the place looks like a blownout dump out in the dez ....... it went from the best track around to the worst

It sure is a gnarly track though, the setup for this USGP looked awesome on the pictures and videos I have seen online. Wish I was out there to watch it.

If Mike Alessi could have laid out at Vegas instead of getting his bell rung he would be out there!

how would you handle that many riders in one race? take half of each field out? that would be a long way for the euro riders to travel and not qualify since they are up against their best and ours...

Have a special format for it, with special points also. All the GP racers in 1 qual, all the AMA racers in the other. Top 20 in each qual go to the feature race, next 20 in each qual go to consolation race. Points are paid in each series (FIM/AMA) based on order of finish within that series only. The points would work out just like they if the racers weren't combined. ex. 1st - 20th place points (for each series) would apply to feature racers only. 21st to 40th place points would apply to consolation riders. Top AMA could finish 4th in the race, but if he was the highest finisher for the AMA in the feature - he'd earn 1st place (AMA) points. The points would work, plus we'd get to see all the riders go head to head. Or something similar, there's a lot of possibilities.

damn right ! not to mention they have let the place go to hell ........ when all the rigs and sponsor banners and people arent there the place looks like a blownout dump out in the dez ....... it went from the best track around to the worst

I suppose that's because the big money (AMA) went somewhere else. The USGP wouldn't have to be at GH, but with the huge draw (and $$$$) a combined event would attract, I'm sure GH could see a resurgence pretty quickly. Not sure the AMA wants to deal with GH management though.

Edit:

BTW - been watching the GP on the net - the attendance is dismal! I've seen larger crowds at an estate auction. Pitiful! Just Pitiful!?:banghead: