Todays APEX ride on the RM250.

Pretty cool. Looked like fun. Very different terrain to what I ride here in BC- lots of trees.

I hate to say it, but on terrain that open and fast, I'd prefer to be on a 450 :thumbsup:

Pretty cool. Looked like fun. Very different terrain to what I ride here in BC- lots of trees.

I hate to say it, but on terrain that open and fast, I'd prefer to be on a 450 :thumbsup:

I actually prefer my 500AF for desert although the 450's I own also get the job done too! I like the RM because out of all the bikes it handles the best and I can throw it around a little!

Wicked500ccofKawai007.jpg

Wicked500ccofKawai006.jpg

Wicked500ccofKawai008.jpg

Wicked500ccofKawai009.jpg

Wicked500ccofKawai001.jpg

i remember this pic from when you first got that 5hunge

awesome

That must've been really fun to unwrap! :thumbsup:

I actually prefer my 500AF for desert although the 450's I own also get the job done too! I like the RM because out of all the bikes it handles the best and I can throw it around a little!

Wicked500ccofKawai007.jpg

Wicked500ccofKawai006.jpg

Wicked500ccofKawai008.jpg

Wicked500ccofKawai009.jpg

Wicked500ccofKawai001.jpg

That is would be FUN to ride that 500 out there!!!

Now that looks like so much fun, those 450F bikes can't run with that 500 much less hold a candle to it...

2 stroke all the way!

:thumbsup:

What year frame is that KX450F from that they put the 500 motor in???

I have seen the KX250 they do the same thing do, I was wanting to know how it rode/felt like riding.

If you could post a report that would be great!

What year frame is that KX450F from that they put the 500 motor in???

I have seen the KX250 they do the same thing do, I was wanting to know how it rode/felt like riding.

If you could post a report that would be great!

Rides mostly like an "08" 450F with about an extra 8 horsepower. Front end is a little skittish at high speed mostly starting from about 50mph until it tops out at about 90mph. I think that's mostly because of the extra power it's laying down. At just about any speed it will keep the front end very light. I've learned the hard way to ride a gear up and stay in the lower part of the power band to get traction. If you're really on the pipe you better be in a straight line and not worried about digging a trench or you're just asking for it! Front end sometimes wants to push at slower speeds in the tight loose stuff. If I have any kind of straight away you will be passed!

Overall it's a pretty decent desert bike. It's also my go to bike when there's going to be a lot of vertical (technical) riding. The thing will lug down to the last rpm and then with just some slight throttle will launch you over anything!

On asphalt when it can get a serious amount of traction it will come up in a hurry in any gear with just throttle! The bike is a lot of overkill for the most part and if your sloppy with the throttle bad stuff happens! My only real problem is that it is a very tall bike and I'm only 5' 10".

Rides mostly like an "08" 450F with about an extra 8 horsepower. Front end is a little skittish at high speed mostly starting from about 50mph until it tops out at about 90mph. I think that's mostly because of the extra power it's laying down. At just about any speed it will keep the front end very light. I've learned the hard way to ride a gear up and stay in the lower part of the power band to get traction. If you're really on the pipe you better be in a straight line and not worried about digging a trench or you're just asking for it! Front end sometimes wants to push at slower speeds in the tight loose stuff. If I have any kind of straight away you will be passed!

Overall it's a pretty decent desert bike. It's also my go to bike when there's going to be a lot of vertical (technical) riding. The thing will lug down to the last rpm and then with just some slight throttle will launch you over anything!

On asphalt when it can get a serious amount of traction it will come up in a hurry in any gear with just throttle! The bike is a lot of overkill for the most part and if your sloppy with the throttle bad stuff happens! My only real problem is that it is a very tall bike and I'm only 5' 10".

It sounds like a BLAST to ride, several years ago one of my riding friends had a Husky CR500, I rode it a little bit and it would DIG trenches and roost debris for many yards.

The 500 is just INCREDIBLE!!!

The potential with that bike is never ending, just impressive!

If you could post a video of that 500 I would like to see it!:thumbsup:

It sounds like a BLAST to ride, several years ago one of my riding friends had a Husky CR500, I rode it a little bit and it would DIG trenches and roost debris for many yards.

The 500 is just INCREDIBLE!!!

The potential with that bike is never ending, just impressive!

If you could post a video of that 500 I would like to see it!:smirk:

No speed here! The guy out in front is the #1 plate in Southern Nevada! He is no joke! I wasn't able to record the more technical areas because I was afraid to take my hands off the handle bars to turn my camera on! He took me through some badass stuff! I was happy to complete his novice loop at any speed!

http://contour.com/stories/boulder-03-29apr2011