Puites, Saturday May 21st

Heading back up again on the 21st.

Lot's of downed trees and running water as of last weekend.

Rider and bike in good shape. 120-160 mile range if you stage from Jawbone(depends on what we ride). I carry an extra gallon in an anti freeze bottle for the ride up from Jawbone.

If you're interested, shoot me a PM and I'll give you more details.

Edited by slowxr

And yes, dual sport is recommended. I'm pretty sure that several of the roads we'll ride to connect the single track, require a license.

Heads up on riding non-plated and unlicensed from Jawbone - from talking with locals in the know (Piute landowners, off-road magazine persons (motorcycles & pedal bikes), USFS rangers, Stewards of the Sequioas) I believe that there will be increased enforcement this year and in the future along Jawbone Canyon Road, Kelso Valley Road and Piute Mountain Road, all street-legal-only routes. This comes as the WEMO is more aggressively enforced due to successful lawsuit by CBD against BLM, giving BLM only six months (from a few months ago) to comply with mandate to increase enforcement of all WEMO areas.

Also of note: BLM does not recognize Saint John's Ridge as a legal route because it terminates up top on private land. BLM policy seems to be that routes ending on private property will not be maintained or even recognized.

I know it sucks but please, don't shoot the messenger. I participated in every single Piute Travel Management Plan Collaborative Working Group meeting in Kernville (long drives from Orange County) and have spent many hours with the Stewards doing trail work. I'm currently organizing the Piute Big Feets Club, a new observed trials group and working on purchasing my own little piece of Piute heaven, so I'm all-in.

God Bless the Piutes and God Bless the USA!

?

Heads up on riding non-plated and unlicensed from Jawbone - from talking with locals in the know (Piute landowners, off-road magazine persons (motorcycles & pedal bikes), USFS rangers, Stewards of the Sequioas) I believe that there will be increased enforcement this year and in the future along Jawbone Canyon Road, Kelso Valley Road and Piute Mountain Road, all street-legal-only routes. This comes as the WEMO is more aggressively enforced due to successful lawsuit by CBD against BLM, giving BLM only six months (from a few months ago) to comply with mandate to increase enforcement of all WEMO areas.

Also of note: BLM does not recognize Saint John's Ridge as a legal route because it terminates up top on private land. BLM policy seems to be that routes ending on private property will not be maintained or even recognized.

I know it sucks but please, don't shoot the messenger. I participated in every single Piute Travel Management Plan Collaborative Working Group meeting in Kernville (long drives from Orange County) and have spent many hours with the Stewards doing trail work. I'm currently organizing the Piute Big Feets Club, a new observed trials group and working on purchasing my own little piece of Piute heaven, so I'm all-in.

God Bless the Piutes and God Bless the USA!

?

Your involvement is much appreciated and I feel your sacrifices that you

must endure to keep what you enjoy. Few people here will ever truly

understand....But I do.

Thanks for your hard work working that area ?

Wayne

Actually St John's Ridge is inside the original closed area that was a deal with Rudnik Ranch. Nothing to do with private property. However since it goes from county road on one end to county road on the other end.

It provided one of only two connections to the Piutes on BLM land. Cortez Spring trail is the other. They should both be open to Dual Sport bikes.