crf 250x gear box

how much oil should i put in my bike i dont know much about repairing dirt bikes and i got a honda crf 250x i dont have an owners manual either

look on the engine near the oil filler. could be there somewhere

Its a little under a quart in each side. Search for oil change and there are a bunch of posts on it. I would just tell you, but my manual is at home.

On my 04' one side is 690ml and one is 670ml, It doesn't matter which of those you use though, because you will have to add oil anyway. (always run the bike a couple min, let it cool down then check oil levels after a change)

don't you have a dipstick?

Anyways, 800cc of trans oil and 750cc engine to start. Flavor to taste.

for the motor yes not for the trani its just a little cap

These are good numbers to start with. Filling the trans is a PITA.

Steve

Wait when you say both sides do you mean engine oil and trans oil. To answer dylanprices question to change engine oil you just warm the engine and then pull your filler cap and then the drain bolt. Then take off the oil filter cover and take the oil filter out(watch out for the spring). Once all the oil has stopped leaking put your drain bolt back in, and your new filter and put the oil filter cover on(it only fits one way). Once you have that done put your oil in it takes just under a quart if I'm not mistaking. Once its on your dip-stick put the dip-stick back in start it and let it run for a few minutes and shut if off and check and add more oil if needed.

To change the trans you warm the motor and take out your trans filler cap then your trans drain bolt and let the oil drain. Once that is all done re-install your trans drain bolt(either get a new crush washer or make you have it snug otherwise you end up like me and loose oil over night). Once thats done take out your trans check bolt its the one rite below your water pump cover and then once you have that done start putting oil in the trans it takes about a quart. When its full oil will begin to come out the check bolt hole. Then re-install you filler cap and check bolt and take it for a drive, come back and check it by removing your check bolt oil should flow out if not put more in. For both the engine and the trans my manual says 10w-40. For both of these procedures make that your bike is on a level plane and that your not leaning forward or left and right.

+1good explaination crf 250x

Filling the trans is a PITA.

Just lay the bike over on its left side, pull out the big round plug where the timing mark is and pour it in. Takes all of about 1 minute if you pause to take a drink in the middle of the operation.

Just lay the bike over on its left side, pull out the big round plug where the timing mark is and pour it in. Takes all of about 1 minute if you pause to take a drink in the middle of the operation.

Ha! Good idea! I'll try that next time.

Steve