Sign in to follow this  

Need some advice

Hi, im new to the motorbike world and i've only been riding 3/4 months. I purchased a 2010 Husqvarna tc250 in Jan/feb this year, after the first bike i bought was through ebay and blew up on my second ride.

The only riding i've done is on a private mx track. (i've had about 3 hours trail riding experience). Im keen as mustard to do more riding and i find myself getting a bit addicted to it.

I want to do some trail riding and maybe road riding as im getting a bit bored on the same mx track all the time.

What do you all think would be the best thing for me to do?- get a rec reg kit put on my mx bike (eg lights, mirror, indicators etc) or purchase a new bike all together that could be used for all terains? mx, trail, road. I obviously dont wana be too much out of pocket, im not sure how good the resale value of the Husqies is.

Any advice would be great, cheers...

Hi, im new to the motorbike world and i've only been riding 3/4 months. I purchased a 2010 Husqvarna tc250 in Jan/feb this year, after the first bike i bought was through ebay and blew up on my second ride.

The only riding i've done is on a private mx track. (i've had about 3 hours trail riding experience). Im keen as mustard to do more riding and i find myself getting a bit addicted to it.

I want to do some trail riding and maybe road riding as im getting a bit bored on the same mx track all the time.

What do you all think would be the best thing for me to do?- get a rec reg kit put on my mx bike (eg lights, mirror, indicators etc) or purchase a new bike all together that could be used for all terains? mx, trail, road. I obviously dont wana be too much out of pocket, im not sure how good the resale value of the Husqies is.

Any advice would be great, cheers...

Welcome Mate, maybe your posting in the DRZ forum so we will advise you to buy a registered DRZ and go trail riding with a bit of road riding too.

A DRZ 400 E/S is not an MX bike or an SM road bike but it is a versatile trail bike which can be ridden almost anywhere.

MX would be a let down but they can be a very capable duel sport as many here will attest. :thumbsup:

hard for people to give advice on your situation because we're not you.

Your husky is new and not roughly used (I doubt-new riders don't tend to overuse a 250mx bike) so you could likely trade it in almost even for a left-over new drz S model, which is The bike to do everything. A dualsport kit on the 250 would be a blast though, so I would base my decision on which was possible and cheapest in my area (here in Can. it is getting harder to plate an mx bike, and the conversion/inspection/registration cost will run about 500$, so that is a factor).

If you want to ride on the road or trails I would recommend a bike that needs less servicing. The great thing about the drz, and other bikes like it is, that they run forever and don't need to be rebuilt if well taken care of. You can ride, ride, and ride. Not just work on them. The trade off is that they are heavier.