Sign in to follow this  

New YZ250 and problems...

The coolant runs out of the overflow. Last time this hapen it turned out to be a headgaskit on my RMZ. It's done it from 0hrs, now like 6 or so on the bike.

The other thing is an overun thing happening on the decel. It's like a little throttle blip as your coming into a corner.

Std jetting except for the pilot which is a couple of sizes leaner than stock, it's 35c here.

Edited by yellowsub
spelling

The coolant runs out of the overflow. Last time this hapen it turned out to be a headgaskit on my RMZ. It's done it from 0hrs, now like 6 or so on the bike.

The other thing is an overun thing happening on the decel. It's like a little throttle blip as your coming into a corner.

Std jetting except for the pilot which is a couple of sizes leaner than stock, it's 35c here.

are you loosing coolant? maybe pop off the head and replace the o-rings?

Yea, that's what I thought too.

It's brand new though, do they always lose a bit? I suppose I've done about 5hrs and the level was just above the fins from filled to just under the cap rim if you know what I mean.

My RMz was the same. It got progessively worse, thats how I decided it was gaskits rather than over heating.