Sign in to follow this  

full top end

hey guys, i am doing a complete top end on my 2009 kxf 250. I am ordering all my parts off Bto sports and am stuck as to what to get in terms of valves and piston kit. I have the choice of std compression in the piston kit, or 14:1, and 78mm gaskets and 79mm gaskets.. (what is the difference and will all of them fit if i was to by either one) The second thing is that i need to do my valves (whole reason i am going into the engine and why i decided to do my top end while i am there). will this valve kit ( http://www.btosports.com/p/FMXIK ) be all i need or is there other seals etc i need to buy separately to fully do them?? I was also told that i need a new cam chain as it had stretched and they could not tighten it properly. WOuld there be anything else i need like Cam shafts etc??? Basically i am trying to order all this stuff for when my dad gets home so he can rebuild it with me. CHeers guys and thanks for your time.

The ad you listed is only an inlet valve set. In addition to the inlet valves, you also need the exhaust valves for a complete rebuild. Do not forget that you must cut the seats for the new valves, also. Good luck. I am a bit surprised you have not elicited more responses from the regulars around here.

Yes you will need a new cam chain. Sorry I did not include that in my first response.

Hey mate, thanks for you help! i cant find anywhere on Bto where there is a exhaust valve kit?? is that what it is called or is it something different??? cheers

i just slotted the higher compression piston into my bike and I have ridden mates bikes with upped compression.

Pros: much better bottom end and mid range power

Cons: harder to start

Im a big bloke so I dont have too many issues kicking over the starter. In my opinion its one of the better things I have done. The bike is totally different now.

i just slotted the higher compression piston into my bike and I have ridden mates bikes with upped compression.

Pros: much better bottom end and mid range power

Cons: harder to start

Im a big bloke so I dont have too many issues kicking over the starter. In my opinion its one of the better things I have done. The bike is totally different now.

With the high compression piston run octane booster. Get the expensive stuff and the bike will love it. My bike starts first kick everytime as long as i run the octane boost with 93 octane gas.