Sign in to follow this  

Fuel petcock removal and installation on an 09' 530 tank

Ok, I bought a Clockwork tank and I'm trying to get my old petcock off.

I unbolted the two bolts, but its threaded onto a plastic peice that goes up ito the tank.

I cant' seem to get this peice to come out by pulling on it and I don't want to break anything.

Do you have to buy a whole new assembly if you go to an aftermarket tank...?

My petcock came out kinda tight too when I changed out to a clockwork tank on my '10 530. I just gave it a wiggle and it came out fine. I had more of a problem getting everything bolted back up to the new tank than anything else.....it all came together pretty good however.

How did you get the metal bungs that the petcock screws into out of the stock tank?

You don't.....the clockwork tank has molded holes for the use of self tapping screws. You can buy these from your local KTM dealer or in my case, Clockwork sent me a set of ten screws for free.

The filter at the end is about the same size as the hole in the tank.Just kind of wiggle it back and forth and it will come out.

I just bought a new Clockworks tank and did this to the bottom side of the tank. Thought that it couldn't hurt with all of that heat being trapped up in their. Plus, I'm hoping that it keeps the tank from getting brittle over time.

DSC02497.jpg

DSC02498.jpg