Sign in to follow this  

CRF150R carb and throttle on 08 CRF150F

would it be possible to do this? the 08 150f is 149cc and the 150r is 150cc so with a little tuning this carb should work correct? the biggest part that worries me is that if i spend 200+ on it and it won't fit in the carb and air filter boots. any suggestions?

I'm sorry I mis-read your post. The f series carbs are different from the carbs on the r series bikes. I wouldn't suggest trying it

i know they're different, but the r series ones are better. the only part that worries me is that the 150r carb may not fit in the boots, i know with a little tuning i can make the carb work it's just the fitment that worries me.

The 150r carb is big. Real big. Even if it did fit (which it certainly wont), it wouldn't be ideal for a stock engine. Keep in mind the 150r is a short stroke screamer.

i realize that the 150r is designed differently. but just like with anything else, if you can get the carb to fit, and tune it enough, it WILL work. i was just trying to figure out if it would fit in the carb boot and air box boot. that's all i want to know. and my 150 isn't completely stock. it runs fine as is but i wanted to experiment with the bigger carb and see what happened.

if i can find a 150r carb cheaper then 200-250 then i'm definitely going to try it haha but i can't justify wasting that much cash if it doesn't work. so i'm still going to look around and try to find a cheaper carb.

Ive seen used holley 4 barrels for cheap on ebay. The real expense would be developing a manifold.

I run a 28mm flatslide on my smaller displacemnt 150 motors. Even the small ones are 175cc or more. The stock 150r uses a 32mm carb and it mates to the manifold differently. The inlet to the head on the 150f is 28mm...

Regardless of the mating style youre talking about a carb outlet that is considerably karger than the inlet on the motor. atomized fuel flow will be hindered and in fact may build up to be an issue that you'll chase trying to figure out what is wrong,

If your signature refers to bikes you currently own and not things you've had before, well, I suspect either way you can see how the math doesn't work on the proposed plan you have.

equal sized outlets are the goal, a difference of less than a couple of millimeters is workable as long as there is a buffer like the manifold to compensate for the changel

Yes, some fuel line and your nieghbors garden hose might get it to work, but would it be remotely effective?

Probably not.

the bikes in my sig are bikes i currently own. the rm125 is a stroker, the xr was just rebuilt with wiseco piston and rings, the cr125 is untouched with factory piston and rings, 2005 150 has had everything you can name done to it, 2007 100 is stock. 2008 150 has dr.d full system pipe with spark arrestor, bbr rev box, k&n air filter, baja designs headlight/taillight kit, 64 tooth renthal rear sprocket, 12 tooth renthal front sprocket, renthal o-ring chain, all terrain back tire (can't remember the brand right off), and a couple of other things i'm forgetting. this is the bike i wanted to try the 150r carb on. the 2008 150 is set up for enduro, the 2005 for motocross (on a track).

it used to have crf150r front end (same as cr85) and a works back shock but i sold those and put the stockers back on because i wasn't going to be using for a track like it was before. i use it to ride around in the hills and use it for transportation around the mountain when helping my dad. sort of wish i'd kept them but it does fine as is.

A racecar needs a different carb than an off-roader. You'd be better off with a jet kit and taking off the spark arrestor. But it'd be cool to see how it'd do.

A racecar needs a different carb than an off-roader. You'd be better off with a jet kit and taking off the spark arrestor. But it'd be cool to see how it'd do.

guessing you didn't read all my previous posts... my 150 has quite a bit of stuff done to it already:

-DR.D full exhaust system

-K&N air filter

-stock carb jetted

-BBR rev box

-Baja Designs headlight/taillight kit

-Renthal 64 tooth rear sprocket, 12 tooth front, Renthal o-ring chain

-modded airbox (opened up)

it does wheelies in 5th gear :smirk:

a moped will pull the font end up with a 5.3 gear ratio...

:smirk:

I think that bike will be far over-carbed with any carb upgrade at the moment. Spend the $200 elsewhere.

guessing you didn't read all my previous posts... my 150 has quite a bit of stuff done to it already:

-DR.D full exhaust system

-K&N air filter

-stock carb jetted

-BBR rev box

-Baja Designs headlight/taillight kit

-Renthal 64 tooth rear sprocket, 12 tooth front, Renthal o-ring chain

-modded airbox (opened up)

it does wheelies in 5th gear :smirk:

My bad didn't see them. Are you still going to try it? If you do good luck.