taking out engine help

hi just need a bit of help trying to remove the engine.

i cant get the bolt out wich goes through the gearbox and the swing arm, i have un done the nut and im trying to tap it out but it wont budge.

how is it meant to come out ?

am i missing something ?

thanks for your help

It might be seized. Start working some wd40 into it. It's probably going to take a hammer and a punch to knock it out. Just be extra careful not to damage the threaded end

its already damaged now, i have just beat the hell out of it and it still wont come out.

i had to stop when i missed with the hammer and hit my hand :thumbsup:, i nearly beat the hell out of the bike lol

i think i will leave it to soak it wd40 overnight

thanks for your reply

hi just need a bit of help trying to remove the engine.

i cant get the bolt out wich goes through the gearbox and the swing arm, i have un done the nut and im trying to tap it out but it wont budge.

how is it meant to come out ?

am i missing something ?

thanks for your help

Very common.. for the swing arm bolt to size to the steel bushings in the case

attachment.php?attachmentid=8043&d=1212848204

attachment.php?attachmentid=8042&d=1212848204

that the steel bolt passes though if the owner does not service the rear suspension and or grease the bolt.

You can look in the FAQ, under the tools section there is a how to build a home made bolt press.. you can go on line and buy one from rocky Mountain, or Motion Pro.... you can beat the bolt with a hammer and punch.. or left the bike, frame and motor up and use a hydraulic press.

Also read the Swingarm and rear suspension maintenance write up

Edited by E.Marquez
Very common.. for the swing arm bolt to size to the steel bushings in the case that the steel bolt passes though if the owner does not service the rear suspension and or grease the bolt.

You can look in the FAQ, under the tools section there is a how to build a home made bolt press.. you can go on line and buy one from rocky Mountain, or Motion Pro.... you can beat the bolt with a hammer and punch.. or left the bike, frame and motor up and use a hydraulic press.

X2. There's been many times ive had to use a hydraulic press. A hand-held torch can also help. Be careful around the rubber seals

heat it and beat it

soak with PB Blaster and use a bigger hammer

on my old xr400 i ended up angle grinding the swing arm and bolt to pieces......

tryed absolutley everything and nothing even came close