Sign in to follow this  

Off Road Suspension Setup

Wondering what folks are using for offroad suspension setup. I am looking for the fork and shock setup. I have everything adjusted to the stock settings now. The setup is for a 2007 Kawasaki KX450f. My rider weight is about 205. Looking for clicker settings both rebound, compression, low speed and high speed compressions. Not sure if anyone has a favorite setup for something like the WORCS type racing but something similar would be great. Thanks

Wondering what folks are using for offroad suspension setup. I am looking for the fork and shock setup. I have everything adjusted to the stock settings now. The setup is for a 2007 Kawasaki KX450f. My rider weight is about 205. Looking for clicker settings both rebound, compression, low speed and high speed compressions. Not sure if anyone has a favorite setup for something like the WORCS type racing but something similar would be great. Thanks

Can you get 100mm rear sag with your stock springs?

Stand by let me see.

I've ridden an '06 for mx, an '08 for mx, and my '08 for offroad, and they all work very well.

Mine has been re-sprung and re-valved for offroad (much better at slow/rocky/ rutty stuff, and much easier to hang on at full throttle whoops), and it is tons of fun.

I am probably going to change to a G2 Throttle cam, as the really tight uphill stuff is challenging as hell with the stock throttle ratio. I can do it, but I get arm pump very fast sometimes. I'm old now, so I can use that as an excuse to add on all the 'cheater' stuff. I already added the Rekluse EXP 2.0 clutch, and man, how cool to not stall all day, and not loose rear wheel traction if you don't want to....

Thanks for the info. I put on the spare set of forks and shock. I it was set up for MX but thought that addition of a WORCS style setup would be fun. I have it dialed in at 101.6 and it will bring it down a little later tonight. What's a good setting?

Thanks for the info. I put on the spare set of forks and shock. I it was set up for MX but thought that addition of a WORCS style setup would be fun. I have it dialed in at 101.6 and it will bring it down a little later tonight. What's a good setting?

You mean clicker settings? I personally don't believe the 'click' numbers transfer from bike to bike, even if identical.

sag at 100mm u should be ok at ur weight with stock springs but ur close to needing higher rate springs just dont put anymore weight on.

Im your weight stock springs, off-road revalve, and clicker at 8 compression 12 clicks rebound on forks n shock not sure on highspeed and 165psi n2