Scotts Damper PICS

The thread about dampers has got me thinking of mounting the like new Scotts damper I have from my brothers Yamaha R6 onto my 09 YZ250, which has stock bars / clamps.

I don't want to do the submount as I don't want my bars that high.

I've looked over the web searching for pics of the mounts for YZ250 but keep getting pics from the manufacturer that says "pic may not be of specific model for your bike".

Can you that run the Scotts damper post up some pics of the mount / damper setup?

Also, someone mentioned that running the GPR post mount with the Scotts works fine as the GPR mount doesn't require drilling / tapping the frame like the Scotts does - which I'd rather not do - anyone have pics of the GPR mount, post them up too if you don't mind.

Thanks.

I've got an "R" version on my 250. I'de post pics, but it's an old 98' steel frame, so not much help to you there. For the longest time I didn't know there was any difference. Works fine for me, 8 turns out from full-in. I think Scott's can probably re-valve to a non-R version whenever you send it in for a rebuild. You may have to get a different damper arm to work with the YZ also.

So I'm assuming you've already seen these pics from Scott's website:

688lg.jpg527lg.jpg

I've been investigating a damper for quite some time, and I go back and forth as to the pros and cons of each mount type. Realize, too, that even if you have a damper this is a pretty substantial investment.

I decided upon a submount for these primary reasons: the damper is better protected in the submount than it is in the fender or upper mount; you are better protected with the submount over the upper mount; it supposedly works better in the submount over the upper mount; and you can still run lower bars even though the sub raises your mounts about an inch.

I decided to go with the full setup: Scotts upper clamps and mounts with the Scotts damper, and I'll run RM Low bars. I'm a bit taller so I wanted a tall bar (Windham bend), but this should work out pretty close anyway.

Total setback: way too much.

The thread about dampers has got me thinking of mounting the like new Scotts damper I have from my brothers Yamaha R6 onto my 09 YZ250, which has stock bars / clamps.

I don't want to do the submount as I don't want my bars that high.

I've looked over the web searching for pics of the mounts for YZ250 but keep getting pics from the manufacturer that says "pic may not be of specific model for your bike".

Can you that run the Scotts damper post up some pics of the mount / damper setup?

Also, someone mentioned that running the GPR post mount with the Scotts works fine as the GPR mount doesn't require drilling / tapping the frame like the Scotts does - which I'd rather not do - anyone have pics of the GPR mount, post them up too if you don't mind.

Thanks.

http://www.scottsonline.com/litrack/346.pdf

This link shows what is needed to install the damper on your bike- pics are bracket specific from 06-11 and show what is need as far as drilling and tapping- we provide the drill bits, tap and transfer punch to make the job as painless as possible. Of the few bikes we have that require drilling and tapping the only one I have had some one call me up and said he blew it was a mechanic for Honda R and D here in America back in about '01 or 02... he got a little excited and did not use the transfer punch to mark the spot to drill. he was pretty embarressed when he called up though! :smirk: As far as using a GPR framebracket I have no idea for sure if it will work on this bike, but I have had people tell me they have done it on some other models.

Thanks-

Eric

CaveMike have Scotts Damper on Alum frame Yz250. It easy install. If wasn't, would have hit Eric from Scotts in head with rock.