Sign in to follow this  

Whatcha guys think? *vid*

What do i think... hmm.. kind of odd/gay you call it a rebirth of a dirtbike for one and that you made a video of it... and no matter how much money you throw at it, its still a 12 year old bike. There you go you asked for it my 2 cents.

What do i think... hmm.. kind of odd/gay you call it a rebirth of a dirtbike for one and that you made a video of it... and no matter how much money you throw at it, its still a 12 year old bike. There you go you asked for it my 2 cents.

Thumpertalk.com

The largest & most active community of motorcycle/ATV enthusiasts on the planet!

Make/model specific & special interest discussion forums

The latest tips, tricks, performance mods & repairs

Advice from industry experts on jetting, suspension, riding techniques & more

Find places to ride and people to ride with

Research bikes, products, & services before you buy

301,162 members and growing!

now that you know where you are, maybe this helps understand why i made a video.

Yeah its a 12 year old dirtbike that was probably cheaper to get, cheaper to maintain and will last another 12 years if you take care of it.

I thought the vid was kinda lame, come back when you have riding vid. But i won't knock you for having an old bike. Hell i ride a 2004.

Thumpertalk.com

The largest & most active community of motorcycle/ATV enthusiasts on the planet!

Make/model specific & special interest discussion forums

The latest tips, tricks, performance mods & repairs

Advice from industry experts on jetting, suspension, riding techniques & more

Find places to ride and people to ride with

Research bikes, products, & services before you buy

301,162 members and growing!

now that you know where you are, maybe this helps understand why i made a video.

O and don't sweat the troll, probably just posting cause he doesn't have a bike. lol

you know people that dont share the same love for motorcycles post rude things so I think its great and huge props to you for going out and fixing up a bike. I would rather see a 12 year old bike riding around than see it in the trash!

• Like 1

you know people that dont share the same love for motorcycles post rude things so I think its great and huge props to you for going out and fixing up a bike. I would rather see a 12 year old bike riding around than see it in the trash!

Thanks man,

Yamaha used the same motor in the 99+ YZ 2 strokes, so in may be "12 years old", but its basically a new cylinder, with new crank seals, and a new powervalve assembly as well.

this bike lifts the front tire in 5th.

+1 :thumbsup:

Too many people giving up on older bikes and knocking on others for riding them. I've never ridden a modern bike (post 98) and have no plans to either.

+1 :thumbsup:

Too many people giving up on older bikes and knocking on others for riding them. I've never ridden a modern bike (post 98) and have no plans to either.

i agree 100%

besides the fact that this bike is just as modern as any new 2 stroke lol

i think people think they updated these 2stroke engines or something for the last 12 years....

hate to disappoint.

Good job on the bike and let the haters hate that just means you are doing some thing right and LONG LIVE 2 STROKES :thumbsup:

sweet!! I just did the same to my 1997 CR250, had mine since 2000 though, it has never once let me down, stranded, not riding! oh yea and it's been paid for now for a long time! I love my old bike!!

I think the bike looks like new man. I plan on doing the same with my 98 KLX. Nice work.