Sign in to follow this  

Big adults and 125 2T

If we can avoid the cliche 2Tvs 4T drama here, that would be cool.

I'm big 230#, old 50's and just rode a 125 [mx practice track] and loved the damm thing! Coming off a CR 500's I found I could scream/thrash around with an abandon that would kill me on my 500's. Yeah, it ain't the bike for Southwick and starts and big hills/long straights ain't happening against the tractors and bigger 2T but holy hell the cornering more then made up for it. While some vets putt-putted into and through the turns waiting to pull the trigger I could slide in with wild abandon and blast through making me think I'm gonna be in the market for a 125 now. That and I wasn't a fetal positioned ball of seized muscles after 15 minutes. Damm that thing is light! Fun++ plus 1/4 the struggle = :thumbsup:

Try and find a ktm or husky 150, or a kitted yami 144. Might even out a little better for us "healthy" riders.

I`m in love with my rm 125 aswell. You decide where the bike goes, not the other way. I want a 144 kit though.

Try and find a ktm or husky 150, or a kitted yami 144. Might even out a little better for us "healthy" riders.

I'm just plain big and about 10% body fat but no escaping middle age........

Might even out a little better for us "healthy" riders.

So just because someone is 230lbs automatically means that they are out of shape, unhealthy and overweight? Well I have news for you... It doesn't...

So just because someone is 230lbs automatically means that they are out of shape, unhealthy and overweight? Well I have news for you... It doesn't...

I think it`s a fair assumption. Isn`t that how it is for most Americans? jk

Ill stick with my 250 2t :thumbsup:. I wouldn't turn down a 2011 150SX though...

I apologize to all I have offended. I should not have lumped him into my category :thumbsup:

I apologize to all I have offended. I should not have lumped him into my category :thumbsup:

Ain't no thing man,

I wanna ride.

If you had fun on it, what more reason do you need. At our age, winning the "BIG" race and "TURNING PRO" isn't a real concern, having a good time is. Buy and ride what puts a grin on your face.:thumbsup:

Since all I do is play around on open track days I am also seriously considering doing the little 125 thing. At 6'4" and 245 I thought I would be way too big but maybe now I'll give it a shot. I'm not overly concerned about straight away speed if corner speed can be maintained.

Since all I do is play around on open track days I am also seriously considering doing the little 125 thing. At 6'4" and 245 I thought I would be way too big but maybe now I'll give it a shot. I'm not overly concerned about straight away speed if corner speed can be maintained.

Unless you have the suspension set up for your size/speed you won't be happy.

We used to have a big guy, probably 275 or 300, ride a KTM 125 in our harescrambles series and do quite well. I asked him about it and he said basically he kept it wide open the entire time and touched the brakes on occasion. He said he had to put a piston in it every three races. :worthy:

It certainly worked for him because i couldn't even begin to keep up. :confused:

Ride what you have fun on and the heck with what others think. :thumbsup:

Unless you have the suspension set up for your size/speed you won't be happy.

Pretty much true about any motorcycle, regardless of displacement.

i have been thinking about this recently. Im 196 pounds and cant help but think my hands and arms would last a bit longer on a 125 . I dont race i just do practice days for fun and i rarely give my 250 2t full throttle. I dont know if its me being a total wimp but i can only manage about 3-4 laps before my hands get tyred. I have had a go on my mates 250 4t and that seams much easier on the hands/arms but i really dont want a 4 banger