befor/after pics of my 08 kx250f overhaul

just picked up this 08 kx250f a few months ago and with limited time to mess with it im finally done for now, but my list of things to do will never be done.

picked this bike up for 1700 and when i got it there were a few things wrong with it.

-leaked oil out of the injection side engine plug(needed a seal)

-spokes were shot and rim was cracked

-one clip was broke on the seat where you bolt it on

-needed new bars

-forks were leaking oil

-chain guide was worn threw the metal all the way by sprocket

-plus some little things

BEFOR:

IMG_0052-1.jpg

AFTER:

IMG_0358.jpg

IMG_0359.jpg

IMG_0361.jpg

IMG_0360.jpg

IMG_0357.jpg

IMG_0362.jpg

IMG_0363.jpg

IMG_0364.jpg

the hondas my buddies bike, had to mess with him a little with the backgrounds.

so for everything i did:

-new bars

-rims/tires

-chain/sprockets

-pro circuit Ti-4 full exhaust(only 300, love ebay)

-new front&rear breaks

-stainless steal oil filter

-twin air filter

-new plastic & backgrounds

-all new bolts & washers

-brand new oem seat

i guess the owner that first owned the bike was a pro racer by the ama pro racing sticker on the head of the frame??

well let me know what you guys think and im open to any ideas on good parts or needed part for this bike. new to kawasaki so i do not know much about them yet. so any suggestion would be great!!

thanks for looking

So was it wore through the metal or to the metal? If that guy was a pro then he didn't have a maintenance budget. Usually race bikes are well taken care of for the season they or 2 they are rode.

So was it wore through the metal or to the metal? If that guy was a pro then he didn't have a maintenance budget. Usually race bikes are well taken care of for the season they or 2 they are rode.

well the kid i got it from had just taken it on trails and was in the corn fields. im guessing the boy i bought it from did it because he didnt do to much to the bike....like the sprocket was worn so bad it was missing teeth on it.

im guessing its common on the kxf though because my friends 06 had the same problem with the guide worn out almost.

i think the pro took everything off and just put all stock back on. like when i put the pro circuit exhaust on the bike it ran amazing no back firing, popping, or bog. with the stock one it ran like crap!!

i dont know i could be wrong but i didnt think it could have one of those stickers inless you had a pro card?

That's really nice love those monster graphics!

Uhhhh puuurty! great graphix btw

I'd love to pickup something that new for around that price and condition and fix up the way you did. Seems like a good deal.

Never seen one of those AMA stickers before, but your theory makes sense.

WOW! White plastics are just beautiful on bikes. Nicely done sir.

Its a known fact OEM kawi chain wear sliders are JUNK and last all but a few hours. My 11 I rode for the first time today, have 1.9 hours on the meter, and the sliders are already showing lots of wear. Stock chains and sliders are horrible.

EDIT: Any bike that has run the AMA outdoor nationals (qualified or not) or supercross would have an AMA sticker on the head tube somewhere. Its easily removed for sale, some people just leave them.