Sign in to follow this  

How fast can I go

What up iron riders, totaly gotta ask HOW FAST CAN I GO. I can get my bike(drz400sm 07) up to 96mph on flat ground no mods and I was wondering

1. What's the fastest you've heard of a 2007 drz400sm go?

2. What do you have to do to get that top speed?

3. How much would it cost to get all of the mods to accomplish this?

4. Does modding say 1 thing on your bike make it go like 1-2 mph faster, how does this work?

Thanks a lot P.S. check out my garage I just finished my bike, I did some work on the overall look with plastics and graphics, I also put some new tires on. Thanks again:bonk:

Max 110ish.. -10% for speedo..

But it's a sm.. If you find roads which you get upto them speeds your most likely riding wrong places for a sm :-)

i got it up to 98mph tucked no wind. it was gassed and it had no more, but that was stock. now i have full MRD 3x3 and re jet so im sure i could a little more out of her now

Don't expect to break 100mph with a stock engine. Even the guys with the monster 470cc's don't go much faster. The difference is how quickly you can reach top speed.

As was earlier mentioned... if you need to go faster you're either on the wrong roads.... or the wrong bike.

Aero-Dy-Namics. All you need to do is aquire and install a dustbin fairing. Oh, and install a taller gear, once you it the rev limiter it does not matter how aero or powerful you will not go any faster.

I think 100 is about as fast as you want to go on a dual sport bike. Btw, taller gearing won't increase your top speed.

09 drz400sm stock i got it to 99mph on flat, im 200lbs. now with full pipe, 3x3, im only getting to 92mph. i have a 39mm carb waiting to be installed so thats why i have not jetting it right, i think thats why the lower speeds. but the bike has a big power gain from stock even though it does not reach the stock high speed. the front end pops up much easier now, i cant wait to get the 39mm carb on and really bring out all the power of the mods.

Edited by 2009DRZ400SM
spelling

What up iron riders, totaly gotta ask HOW FAST CAN I GO. I can get my bike(drz400sm 07) up to 96mph on flat ground no mods and I was wondering

1. What's the fastest you've heard of a 2007 drz400sm go?

2. What do you have to do to get that top speed?

3. How much would it cost to get all of the mods to accomplish this?

4. Does modding say 1 thing on your bike make it go like 1-2 mph faster, how does this work?

Thanks a lot P.S. check out my garage I just finished my bike, I did some work on the overall look with plastics and graphics, I also put some new tires on. Thanks again:bonk:

With the 10% factory error in the speedo..your actual speed is around 86 MPH. If you do the full tilt power setup...you should be able to tick over 100MPH actual speed.

never gone faster than 80mph. Once I get to 65 I feel like the thing is going to explode any second.