Sign in to follow this  

v force 3

Is it worth it? I found a good used cage for 70 bucks and thought I'd give it a try. Bikes a 06 125

Good improvement for the 125. Check the petals are in good shape though

Make sure the reeds themselves are in good shape. 70 plus a set of new pedals is almost full list price.

the boysen rad valves are night and day over the v-force. I was always chasing brass with the v-force. If you can find the Rad valve you will never look back. The next best mod I did to my 144 was ditch the mikuni and put a keihin pwk carb on. Mikuni jets are too big of a jump between sizes.

Not worth it. We tried the vfroce on both of our bikes 06 & 07 there was no benefit at all. The yamaha reeds are already carbon fiber.

Yamaha 125's (05-current) do not benefit from either pipes or reeds. Look at your schoolboy1 class racers 90% of them are running oem pipes and reeds

Spend your money on suspension and getting your jetting right.

I had two sets go bad on my KTM. Not the reeds-the cage. Both wore down the plastic in spots and would not allow the reeds to seal up completely. If you don't care about idle-1/16 throttle no problem. I ended up going back to an aluminum cage with carbon reeds.

Yamaha 125's (05-current) do not benefit from either pipes or reeds.

Definately disagree on that.

Definately disagree on that.

I disagree with your disagreement

I am speaking for mx racing only

I disagree with your disagreement

I am speaking for mx racing only

Then we agree to disagree:thumbsup:

Our 06 just ingested the reeds, they started to splinter at edge. I would pass on any used, They are $60 for new petals alone.

I found no improvement in power or rideability for MX use from the VForce 3's on my '04 YZ125. Bike was jetted to just the fat side of the ragged edge, and with stock or vforce, it felt pretty much the same. Never tried a rad valve, but I can't imagine it is really any better than stock.

You are much better off spending the money on suspension, brakes, and customizing your controls to your comfort.