Sign in to follow this  

Head light/electrical question

I'm looking at possibly running a headlight on my 2007 yz250.

Is it possible to do this without a battery?

If so can anyone point me in the right direction. (recommended parts/where to get started)

I swear this province is retarded. To ride an dirt bike off road you need to have a head light, tail light and a license plate. To ride trails!!!

Any help is appreciated.

Not unless you can locate a stator. There were some, but the output at WOT was only 35 watts DC. There was another, Eline, I think, it was decent but expensive.

Should of bought a WR250F to go trail riding.instead of a MX bike. Right tool to do the job. Never use a hammer to put in a screw.

Do a search, plenty of other threads like this one.

Battery is the only way to go nowadays. If you can locate an external stator that is a great option but I think E-Line was the only ones that made them and I don't think they do them anymore. A stator from Electrosport or RM is not worth your time and your money. If they do not burn out your looking at about 35 watts of power at full throttle, once you chop that throttle you will have a dim light. And if you run a battery and reg/rec once you get into tight stuff no way the battery stays charged.

Not unless you can locate a stator. There were some, but the output at WOT was only 35 watts DC. There was another, Eline, I think, it was decent but expensive.

Should of bought a WR250F to go trail riding.instead of a MX bike. Right tool to do the job. Never use a hammer to put in a screw.

Do a search, plenty of other threads like this one.

But I really love my hammer.

Is there any headlight system that does not require a stator?

Anything just battery powered.

I'm not looking to go night riding. I just don't want to get fined every time I ride in AB.

If that's all you want then yeah just hook up a battery to a switch and relay then to some lights. If the cop or ranger asks to see them then just turn them on for a minute. Trick is finding a small enough battery and where to mount it. The lights are the easy part