KTM350 Core EXP - ride report

http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/2527/015pst.jpg

Not really a ride report but I wanted to say the Core EXP is exactly what Rekluse states...more of an "anti stall" vs an auto clutch. I found no neg issues with this purchase. It has a normal clutch feel and still has engine braking. At some point this model will sell for $400..this will probably be the best potential purchase for any off road racer. It works wonders on single track.

• 2 weeks later...

I have to agre i have one ride on my 350 with the Core EXP2, its really awesome, I have riddena few bikes with the really early versions of the AC, and hated them, the Core is great!!! perfect hookup and seamless modulation still need to get used to it being there but with only one 20 miles ride i'm really happy!!

Mike

I'm confused. I haven't stalled my bike in probably 2 years excluding crashes. Would this product do anything else for me besides prevent stalling?

Thanks.

maybe not so much for pure moto, but ya its pretty sweet, I never stall my 300, but it has been a minor issue on my350, hence trying the A/C, I'm sold i may add one to the 300 now, its very very cool to just hammer into a corner full lock and slide both wheels and then just pin the throttle and motor out with perfect hookup, never needing to touch the clutch, all in any gear you choose!

Mike

One more benefit is the fact your clutch plates will last a lot longer and the engine oil/screen/filter will be considerably cleaner. I quess it´s due the fact the EXP modulation is precise in opposite ham-fisted.?

maybe not so much for pure moto, but ya its pretty sweet, I never stall my 300, but it has been a minor issue on my350, hence trying the A/C, I'm sold i may add one to the 300 now, its very very cool to just hammer into a corner full lock and slide both wheels and then just pin the throttle and motor out with perfect hookup, never needing to touch the clutch, all in any gear you choose!

Mike

Mike, you sold me w/ this part. Going to have to order one for sure if I do get that '12 250SX.

• 2 months later...

Guys - I am having a hard time adjusting the installed gap on my 350 with EXP Core 2.0. In order to achieve the proper installed gap at the lever, I am only turning the adjustment nut on the pressure plate about .5 to ,75 turns once the adjuster has bottomed out. It could be that I am pushing through the initial hydraulic "play" and am not counting an initial turn once the adjustment nut makes contact with the throw out.

Any experience/advice is appreciated.