if anyones up for a challenge.....

Iowa

The Central Iowa Enduro Riders are pleased to announce Iowa's first extreme off-road motorcycle race, the IOWA GNARLY CHALLENGE.

The event will feature approximately 50 miles of increasingly difficult off-road enduro trail. New, challenging but short sections will be added as riders begin their second ten mile loop. The fastest rider to complete the event will simply be known as "Iowa's Gnarliest Rider" plus he (or she) will be a little richer as they leave the event.

Three classes only - A, B, and Senior (40+). A rider can ride any size motorcycle they choose but at times a Yamaha PW50 may be preferred.

The event will run rain or shine but course length may be adjusted up or down as appropriate. Awards to all those tough enough to simply finish.

Event date is Sunday, September 4th with the start currently scheduled for 10AM and located in Dayton Iowa. Yes, its Labor Day weekend which will give you that needed extra day to recover from the event.

Mark your calender. And watch the IERA22 website ( www.iera22.com ) for more details.

Who will be the Gnarliest Rider?

XRIOWA-:thumbsup:

Let me know when you're gonna have Iowa's Easiest Race.

Is THIS race in Iowa???

Is THIS race in Iowa???

Will they hand out the "The Fastest riders in Iowa" awards after this race and will there be more than six places awarded

:smirk:

Maybe Baja will be there ?

Or Shecky and his trusty KDX ?

whats a shecky?

Im racing, see you all there. Location is Dayton, IA. I hear enduro like start

Edited by stuntjake912

There are some dudes around that area that are crazy fast woods riders!!! Can't wait to see some of them.... I might just have to race this..

Do you have to be an AMA member?

Is this still going to be in Dayton? I ask because the iera site doesn't list a location

Is this still going to be in Dayton? I ask because the iera site doesn't list a location

I believe it is

I believe it is

Cool, thanks

Anyone going?

Cool, thanks

Anyone going?

Its crossing my mind. I have some friends from the Ft Dodge area that are going. I have no chance of winning it as I know some of the riders entering and they can smoke me.

I've heard rumblings/rumors that they don't expect many people to finish the race. :eek:

That brings back memories of my first ever race, The Moose Run.

Its crossing my mind. I have some friends from the Ft Dodge area that are going. I have no chance of winning it as I know some of the riders entering and they can smoke me.

I've heard rumblings/rumors that they don't expect many people to finish the race. :eek:

I don't trail ride very often. I would rate myself Beginner/Intermediate. Closer to Intermediate. Not looking to take the win, but just have fun on a challenging course.

The voice in my head is telling me that I would be hating life 30 minutes into this. :smirk:

I don't trail ride very often. I would rate myself Beginner/Intermediate. Closer to Intermediate. Not looking to take the win, but just have fun on a challenging course.

The voice in my head is telling me that I would be hating life 30 minutes into this. :smirk:

I've never raced in a hairscramble but I know what they consist of and I trail ride a ton on some nasty terrain and if you're not in the type of shape to ride 50 miles of hard core terrain, I would agree that you would likely be hating yourself. :eek::worthy:

just an update. im told we had club members riding the course and that everyone was making the full loop.

its gonna be finishable, just ride smart guys and youll be fine!

just an update. im told we had club members riding the course and that everyone was making the full loop.

its gonna be finishable, just ride smart guys and youll be fine!

Says the spider to the fly... :smirk:

Thanks guy. :eek:

If I was smart, I wouldn't be racing at my age.

If I was your age I'd be spending most of my time in bed.

But this way you can show the youngsters how it's done.