if anyones up for a challenge.....

The Central Iowa Enduro Riders are pleased to announce Iowa's first extreme off-road motorcycle race, the IOWA GNARLY CHALLENGE.

The event will feature approximately 50 miles of increasingly difficult off-road enduro trail. New, challenging but short sections will be added as riders begin their second ten mile loop. The fastest rider to complete the event will simply be known as "Iowa's Gnarliest Rider" plus he (or she) will be a little richer as they leave the event.

Three classes only - A, B, and Senior (40+). A rider can ride any size motorcycle they choose but at times a Yamaha PW50 may be preferred.

The event will run rain or shine but course length may be adjusted up or down as appropriate. Awards to all those tough enough to simply finish.

Event date is Sunday, September 4th with the start currently scheduled for 10AM and located in Dayton Iowa. Yes, its Labor Day weekend which will give you that needed extra day to recover from the event.

Mark your calender. And watch the IERA22 website ( www.iera22.com ) for more details.

Who will be the Gnarliest Rider?

Is THIS race in Iowa???

Will they hand out the "The Fastest riders in Iowa" awards after this race and will there be more than six places awarded

?

Maybe Baja will be there ?

Or Shecky and his trusty KDX ?

• 2 months later...
Cool, thanks

Anyone going?

Its crossing my mind. I have some friends from the Ft Dodge area that are going. I have no chance of winning it as I know some of the riders entering and they can smoke me.

I've heard rumblings/rumors that they don't expect many people to finish the race. :eek:

Its crossing my mind. I have some friends from the Ft Dodge area that are going. I have no chance of winning it as I know some of the riders entering and they can smoke me.

I've heard rumblings/rumors that they don't expect many people to finish the race. :eek:

I don't trail ride very often. I would rate myself Beginner/Intermediate. Closer to Intermediate. Not looking to take the win, but just have fun on a challenging course.

The voice in my head is telling me that I would be hating life 30 minutes into this. ?

I don't trail ride very often. I would rate myself Beginner/Intermediate. Closer to Intermediate. Not looking to take the win, but just have fun on a challenging course.

The voice in my head is telling me that I would be hating life 30 minutes into this. ?

I've never raced in a hairscramble but I know what they consist of and I trail ride a ton on some nasty terrain and if you're not in the type of shape to ride 50 miles of hard core terrain, I would agree that you would likely be hating yourself. :eek::worthy: