Sign in to follow this  

need some suggestions on my new trails

Made a decent loop of trails on the land. i have around 15 acers to work with. I just want to know what you guys think i could do to make it better for practicing for hare scrambles.

the helmet cam starts a little after 1 min

Thanks.

ps. not riding hard because my race bike had a flat and i had to ride my old clapped out 125 with no barkbusters but i had fun.

Haha, was going to say use more clutch =]

Most of the woods sections don't flow that fast. How fast are the hare scramble courses in your area?

The way I see it is that the best way to practice for hare scrambles is to make some trails that are slow, technical, exhausting, and overall just a pain in the ass to ride on. If you want to make fast/fun get some guys with for wheelers to rut it out so you can get some nice burms through the turns.

Those trails look great. I would maybe add a good log crossing. Maybe a real tight section. Around here we have some pretty nasty rock gardens so if I was practiceing I would ride some rocks. I'm jealous lol I have to drive a hour to do any decent practice.

Nice man! :thumbsup: Definately go for the log crossings, or even make some man-made obstacles.

I do 100% trails, and I love tight stuff, but prefer it with flow. Flow in that it has lots of corners where you can get a rhythm going and basically practice cornering over and over to get in ingrained in your muscles.

Also, which helmet cam were you using? I've wanted one for a long time and have read reviews on just about all of them, but just haven't put up the $$ to get one.

Log crossings for sure.

Check out the obstacle course I built on my property (only 10 acres, but I have hundreds of km's of great trails, both fast and gnarly) that start across the street from me....so I didn't need to put in a loop:

http://www.tarafrost.com/galleries/slideshows/slideshow_Jambo_ObstacleCourseTestRide_May2011.html

Might give you a few ideas....

Good luck on the harescrambles. I'm racing my first one ever in a couple of weeks. Hopefully, I'll survive! Finishing would be a huge accomplishment too. :smirk:

ok thanks for the info guys i am working on a tighter section that has more technical stuff a log crossing or two so it should be good thanks.

When you are done, we expect an invite to a BBQ and ride day.....OK?

Count me in....if there will be cold beer available! :smirk:

When you are done, we expect an invite to a BBQ and ride day.....OK?

Joe

ha i wish due but the reality is that it is near a upscale neighbor hood and they have had some small complaints of just me riding so i dont think they will like 20 bikes roaring and all that dust flyin lol.

its actually the neighborhood shane watts lives in! its predy cool i talked to him a while back and told him he was welcome to ride anytime. heck i seen him mowing his grass yesterday lol

Cool little setup you have there. As other have said, I'd add a section that is tighter, more technical with some challenging log crossings, but overall, I say good on ya! I was happy to see you didn't get too crazy opening it up and cutting back too much.