Bent my drive shaft in powervalve!!

I obviously didn't line it up correctly when putting on the cylinder after doing a top end. :confused: Could have sworn it was lined up but guess not, it's hard to see in there and then I just tightened it down in hopes that it was. I followed the manual as far a postioning of the two pieces, but I don't know what happened.

I realized my powerband wasn't working on a test ride, so I tore it down again and tried to line it up and that's when I saw the tooth was bent!!! so now I think I'm Sh*t out of luck!! ? I ordered a new drive shaft but I hope I can line it up right.

Any tips on getting that thing in there??

A trick i used was to get the cylinder over the piston and the 4 studs then i took the plastic end of a screw driver and put under the intake side to keep it from droping all the way down. Then i held the front up and pulled the bottom shaft up just enough i could make sure the top shaft went down correctly.

If your cylinder is already on, i just took the head stay off, exhaust, carb. 4 nuts and pick up the cylinder and placed the plastic part of the screw driver under the back and did the same as before, it didn't hurt the gasket.

I was able to salvage my bent drive shaft with a little love from some vice grips and a screwdriver. Got it back good enough to engage. I ended up taking the B clip off at the top and just letting the shaft drop down freely and then I got it linked up onto the pinion shaft while I had the cylinder raised up a few inches. This way I knew she was on there. Just had to re adjust the powervalve after and all was good. I'd recommend doing it that way for a sure fire way to make sure your drive shaft is engaged.

POWERBAND BACK!! Bike is running stronger than ever with a fresh top end.