Sign in to follow this  

crf250x mods for single tracks?

Looking to race in the NETRA hare scrambles this year. What are some mods i can do to my bike that will give me a good advantage.

That's a good trail bike, nothing that you really can do to the bike to make it better. I would say just turn the throttle more, when ever you can. If you have a 50 foot straight, pin it. 100 foot straight, pin it longer.

Ya it is already a purpose built trail bike so can't really do much. Maybe get the suspension set up for your weight if it isn't already.

As mentioned above, it is already pretty good. You can do mods to give it more power but I would maybe do things to make it more durable. Skid plates,radiator guards, hand guards or bark busters.

As mentioned above, it is already pretty good. You can do mods to give it more power but I would maybe do things to make it more durable. Skid plates,radiator guards, hand guards or bark busters.

Thanks man. Thats the type of stuff i was thinking. Maybe shortening the bars up a tiny bit to make it easier to weave threw trees. Anyone know a good length?

i keep reading this post and trying to think of something that i would want to add on my bike for trails...trail tech vapor...already have a GPR stabilizer,skid plate barkbusters,im not much help sry

start by making it lighter so you use less energy moving the bike around. I put the "R" tank which lighter and slimmer profile. I would also consider removing the stock battery and get a battery from CV4 which will take about 1.5 pounds off the back wheel. I also like the "R" Exhaust.

start by making it lighter so you use less energy moving the bike around. I put the "R" tank which lighter and slimmer profile. I would also consider removing the stock battery and get a battery from CV4 which will take about 1.5 pounds off the back wheel. I also like the "R" Exhaust.

I took the battery out completely and im planning on getting an fmf or something so that should help with the weight. but as for the tank, the x's has a bigger capasity so i think ill keep that on.

My CRF has a trailtech Vapor that the PO put on. Don't know what I'd do without that thing.

Other mods are the Athena bore-up, R cams, FMF exhaust, Worx Racing suspension, all the protective bang off rocks and trees stuff, and a trials rear tire to round it out. Great set up that eats single track. If memory serves there's some NETRA stickers on the frame from the previous owner that set it up right.