Sign in to follow this  

Motocross Bailey the Commentator

Just finished watching the qualifying races for the USGP at Glen Helen where David Bailey was the commentator along with ??? (non US guy). I'm not one to post about how bad the coverage or the commentators are, but IMO the GOAT, Sheheen, and Fro could learn a lot from Bailey. He's well spoken, knowledgeable, humorous, and provides insight into the racing/racers that our friends at CBS/Speed never do. I always was a fan of Bailey on the track, now I'm a fan of him in the booth!!:thumbsup:

US sports commentary seem to focus on the lowest common denominators. Perhaps people feel better about themselves when they speak as poorly as many people do.

Ouch.

Exhibit A: The plural of foot is feet.

Agree. David Bailey is fantastic. Absolutely enjoy listening to him and always learn something along the way. Took our boys to a Gary Bailey class two years ago and heard stories about David as a youth and rider. Incredible student of the sport. His depth of knowledge is no surprise. Would be great to see him on CBS and Speed.

Just finished watching the qualifying races for the USGP at Glen Helen where David Bailey was the commentator along with ??? (non US guy). I'm not one to post about how bad the coverage or the commentators are, but IMO the GOAT, Sheheen, and Fro could learn a lot from Bailey. He's well spoken, knowledgeable, humorous, and provides insight into the racing/racers that our friends at CBS/Speed never do. I always was a fan of Bailey on the track, now I'm a fan of him in the booth!!:thumbsup:

He use to be a commentator for ESPN before they started shuffling the MX schedule so much, no one could find it.

He is one of the best commentators for MX.

The Goad, Sheheen, and Fro are much better than some of the really bad commentators in the past, but a step down from Baily.

Bailey was indeed the best and you always learned things from him even the mental side of racing. Things other then get a good start, put in solid laps, and ride a mistake free race. RC was the GOAT but his detailed knowledge is lacking, guess he did not need that part like us mortals. Sheheen is the guy we would all love to race and lap. Fro does the best and as a group they are ok.

I agree David Bailey is a great and has a wealth of knowledge. I'd like to see him calling the races with Jason Weigandt in the booth and Jim Holley doing interviews.

Who's it gonna be for the outdoors?

Just finished watching the qualifying races for the USGP at Glen Helen where David Bailey was the commentator along with ??? (non US guy).

The other commentator is Paul Malin. He is a ex GP-rider.

Paul Malin´s career highs: was part of the winning british MXDN team back in 1994.

. Came 2nd in the 1996 125cc world championship behind Sebastian Tortelli.

Was a great rider with nice riding style back in the 90´s

Just finished watching the qualifying races for the USGP at Glen Helen where David Bailey was the commentator along with ??? (non US guy). I'm not one to post about how bad the coverage or the commentators are, but IMO the GOAT, Sheheen, and Fro could learn a lot from Bailey. He's well spoken, knowledgeable, humorous, and provides insight into the racing/racers that our friends at CBS/Speed never do. I always was a fan of Bailey on the track, now I'm a fan of him in the booth!!:confused:

+1.......:thumbsup: David Bailey is awesome......I have always said he would be great doing the SX series......If I can remember right a few years ago David Bailey and Jason Weigandt did the outdoor Mx series ......They did a great job....:worthy:.......I cant stand Ralph Sheheen.......he suxs....and RC sounds like a teenager........."for sure"....:busted:

The other commentator is Paul Malin. He is a ex GP-rider.

Paul Malin´s career highs: was part of the winning british MXDN team back in 1994.

. Came 2nd in the 1996 125cc world championship behind Sebastian Tortelli.

Was a great rider with nice riding style back in the 90´s

:thumbsup: He's pretty good also. You can tell he knows what he's talking about. Didn't know who it was but he and Bailey make a good team, compliment each other well.

What channel are you watching the USGP on? Wish I could see it.

I can't remember who rounded out the ESPN SX commentator team besides Bailey and I think Cameron Steele who was the trackside guy.

Steve

What channel are you watching the USGP on? Wish I could see it.

All GP's are broadcast live at http://www.mx-life.tv/portal It's a PPV service (which blows) but it's better than nothing and besides, you can sign up to view the 2011 MXoN Live from France latter on this year at a deeply discounted rate (8 euros).

remember the days with him and art eckman? the best commentators yet

I thought it was Eckman and Cameron Steele did the trackside and pit reporting as well as doing a lap around the track with the helmet cam.

Steve

I thought it was Eckman and Cameron Steele did the trackside and pit reporting as well as doing a lap around the track with the helmet cam.

Steve

bailey and eckman were in the booth and steele was trackside and did the suzuki 'fast lap'

Bailey awesome job..very humble and expresses himself well:worthy: always loved watching bailey and broc battles...

Just finished watching the qualifying races for the USGP at Glen Helen where David Bailey was the commentator along with ??? (non US guy). I'm not one to post about how bad the coverage or the commentators are, but IMO the GOAT, Sheheen, and Fro could learn a lot from Bailey. He's well spoken, knowledgeable, humorous, and provides insight into the racing/racers that our friends at CBS/Speed never do. I always was a fan of Bailey on the track, now I'm a fan of him in the booth!!:smirk: