oil level 11 250f

Hey guys. I just finished doing all the new bike prep to my 11 250. The bike had 18 hours on it when I bought it. I changed the oil when I got it, the previous owner changed the oil every 5 hours. While doing the new bike prep as per Pr1mals instructions, thanks Pr1mal, I had to order a new damper and shock bushing. While waiting for the parts, the bike had been sitting for about two weeks without being started. During this time, the oil level decreased below the sight window...I then added a small amount, to bring the level back to between the lines. I test rode the bike up and down the street a few times and after parking, noticed the window was full. A few days later and the level dropped to between the lines. Should I drain a bit before my ride tomorrow or is this O.K?

Thanks...

Jay.

The window will be full because the oil was circulating. Just put in the amount the manual calls for. Actually reading my 11 manual right now to see how much oil it holds. It says .75 liters without a filter, .8 liters when you do a filter change. I'm pretty sure I ran across a few threads of people saying they thought it was to little and wanted to run more or what not, search for them if you wish. If kawi says .8 will suffice witha filter change, thast what i'll run in mine.

I have a rekluse so the clutch cover adds a slight bit of volume, but even before the clutch cover - I used the whole liter. It's easy to remember to just put the whole bottle in. I've never seen oil blow out either. I'm pretty sure there was mention of a similar thread in the past and many folks were running a liter in the KXF.

You don't want to run too much oil or your crank seals will go bad wayy fast. That's why they have the window with the two marks. Make sure the bike is level when you check the window. When the bike has been sitting and not run you want to have the oil level in-between the two lines. As close to the middle of the window as possible. Just don't go over the top line and your good.

You don't want to run too much oil or your crank seals will go bad wayy fast. That's why they have the window with the two marks. Make sure the bike is level when you check the window. When the bike has been sitting and not run you want to have the oil level in-between the two lines. As close to the middle of the window as possible. Just don't go over the top line and your good.

That SOUNDS convincing but is not true. I am currently on my 9th KXF and always run the oil at the top of the window. If you accidentally overfill the oil it will immediately be kicked out the overflow tube and cause no harm.

That SOUNDS convincing but is not true. I am currently on my 9th KXF and always run the oil at the top of the window. If you accidentally overfill the oil it will immediately be kicked out the overflow tube and cause no harm.

that holds true with two strokes that have no breather on the trans side. Over filling will cause issues.. Like you said on the kx's over filling it will be pushed out of the case. How ever I will say grossly over filling will cause an issue..

Thanks for all the replies guys. I rode the way it was. My main question though must have been a bit unclear to most. I have a 4 liter jug of oil. Manny calls for 1 liter with filter,(I always change the filter). I tried to eyeball one liter out of the four liter jug. The oil lined up perfect between the marks. After a couple of weeks, the oil was no longer even in the window, so I added more. Should I have added more from the get go, like say to the top of the window? Or is between the lines O.k. when changing the oil?

Jay.

I always put in what the manual says. However, I keep a large syringe and a bottle of oil in the truck. If I feel like it's low, I draw up 50ml or .05 of a litre and squirt it in.

Simple fix for peace of mine.