Sign in to follow this  

2011 CRF 450 vs 2006 CRF 450 (video)

Just pick up a 2011 on Thursday. I had never rode one, just been reading what THEY have been saying in the moto mags.

I set the sag and off to AV Motoplex I went. It took me about 2 laps to realize that this bike puts the power to the ground and handles for me like a dream.

I was 4 seconds a lap faster on the 11, my 06 feels like a small tanK.

It turns like my 09 YZ 250 and I can ride a lot longer and not get so tried like I do on my 06.

I felt comfortable enough to fly the 120ft table top on the third lap, on the video it's at the 1:44 mark.

2011 : http://www.vimeo.com/23731772

2006 : http://www.vimeo.com/23012532

Edited by jnr450r

hey jnr450r

how do you find the ergos on the 11 450 compared to the 06? and how tall r u?. im looking at making the same swap but im a bit concerned that honda may have shrunk the new gen bikes too much for taller guys?

Looking good out there. Thanks for the video, feels like I'm riding your bike. Recently had an accident on my bike destroyed my left knee/leg now have 5 screws and a metal plate in my leg. Your video was like theropy to me. I feel like a crack head that cant get his fix. I just want to ride. Good luck with the new bike.

hey jnr450r

how do you find the ergos on the 11 450 compared to the 06? and how tall r u?. im looking at making the same swap but im a bit concerned that honda may have shrunk the new gen bikes too much for taller guys?

I'm 5'10" and a 160 lbs. It feels very Hondaesqe, but narrow like a 250.

My 06 definetly is bigger. I'm sure with taller bars and seat you could make it (11) work for you.

The Honda is a solid package...:thumbsup:

What a cute little track. Where is it??

Funny... It is a cute little track.

Its in Lancaster right next to the 14 freeway.

Looking good out there. Thanks for the video, feels like I'm riding your bike. Recently had an accident on my bike destroyed my left knee/leg now have 5 screws and a metal plate in my leg. Your video was like theropy to me. I feel like a crack head that cant get his fix. I just want to ride. Good luck with the new bike.

Good luck to you getting heal up. Between racing at a local pro level and doing stunts for twenty years I have had a few bad ones myself. Just be patient, the body is pretty amazing..

Good luck to you getting heal up. Between racing at a local pro level and doing stunts for twenty years I have had a few bad ones myself. Just be patient, the body is pretty amazing..

Thanks buddy. I am bouncing off the walls and I have a road ahead of me. But I can't wait to return. I just hope I don't loose my nerve out there after this. This is the worst injury I ever had on a bike and I'm not a kid anymore.

Looks like you are quicker on 2011 crf. Idk if it is me but the 2011 Sounds better and smoother? Nice video

I recently switched from an 06 CRF450 to an 2011 CRF450 as well. No longer want to ride the 06. The 11 is much better, easier to ride longer. Love the power delivery and suspension. Nice videos.

I recently switched from an 06 CRF450 to an 2011 CRF450 as well. No longer want to ride the 06. The 11 is much better, easier to ride longer. Love the power delivery and suspension. Nice videos.

I'm in total agreement with you..!!

Love at first ride...:smirk: