Help.... High wattage stator problem.

I bought a high wattage stator from a guy online. I think it is an ElectroSport Stator. He said it came off of his 94 XR600. It has 1 black, 2 whites, 1 pink, 1 green and 1 brown wire.

Can any of you TT guys tell me how to wire it correctly? BTW, I can get the bike to run using the Black/red and the brown wire. I went to ElectroSport's website and their installation info isn't working for me. The one they use show 5 wires, mine has 6. Their's also show a yellow wire and doesn't show a "pink wire". I don't have a "yellow" wire on mine.

My stock stator only had 3 wires comming out of it, a green, white and a black. ?

Thank you, Art

Edited by artimious7

There should be a single wire which runs the ignition. I think from the factory it's black with a red (or maybe white?) stripe. If you have the engine running, you're got the ignition correct.

If one wire has a ring terminal on the end, it's the neutral indicator for the xr650L. On an XRR it serves no function and can be cut off or just left unconnected.

The other wires will be for the other stator windings, intended for lights and accessories. Use a multimeter to find continuity and pair the positive and negative side of each winding.

You are going to need to use an ohm meter to figure out what coils go to what wires.

Since you got it to run, the black is the ignition winding. It should be 100 to 300 or so ohms and normally the other end is connected to the body of the stator. That connects it to the frame. See if that is the case.

All the other windings are lighting coils. I think some of those stators had three lighting windings, but some had two.

Here is my guess. The two whites are one lighting winding. The pink and brown are the other. The green is connected to the body of the stator as a ground. The black is the ignition.

If you don't have a ohm meter you can try this. First it should run with just the black connected. Then with the bike running try touching the wires together and look for the little sparks that mean you have selected the two wires of a coil. Also try the frame as well to make sure there is not a AC coil with one end connected to the stator body.

Thanks Guys...... So far, it is running. I got it running by using the black w/red stripe and the brown wire, that is my ignition system. I got my lights working using the white and I just capped off the gren and pink wires. I think I have the Electrosport model. It has 17 posts and there are machine wound with 6 wires at the harness end. 1 black w/red, 1 brown,2 white, 1 green and 1 pink. Art

Thanks Guys...... So far, it is running. I got it running by using the black w/red stripe and the brown wire, that is my ignition system. I got my lights working using the white and I just capped off the gren and pink wires. I think I have the Electrosport model. It has 17 posts and there are machine wound with 6 wires at the harness end. 1 black w/red, 1 brown,2 white, 1 green and 1 pink. Art

I'm a rookie with stators but am dealing with this also and would guess the green and pink are DC for charging a battery or other components. If you have a volt meter check it while running on DC then AC to see what makes sense on the readout.

The other two white wires might be 2 separate AC circuits. Again check it with a volt meter set on AC.

Good luck.

I'm a rookie with stators but am dealing with this also and would guess the green and pink are DC for charging a battery or other components. If you have a volt meter check it while running on DC then AC to see what makes sense on the readout.

The other two white wires might be 2 separate AC circuits. Again check it with a volt meter set on AC.

Good luck.

You are correct. The pink and green are dc.