fugured out why the XRL wasnt starting...

I hooked up my slime pump to the XRL yesterday to pump the front tire up after swapping rims. It idled for a while, then died, and would not restart. I thought it was odd, I don't usually ever have problems starting the L. But I figured I flooded it after a couple minutes and put her away.

So this morning I went out to ride to work, and it still wouldn't start. It would sputter, but just wouldn't catch... I didn't have time to mess with it, so I pushed her back into the yard and took the Dodge to work. :confused:

I though about it at work today, and started messing with it this evening. I made sure all the switches were in the right position, made sure the kick stand was up, and it was in neutral. I even drained the float bowl (which didn't take nearly as long as I recall it has in the past, just a dribble).

After cranking her over for a while I popped the fuel cap to be sure there wasn't a vacuum in the tank. Turns out I am out of gas. ?:worthy:

I had a neighbor who was trying for over a half an hour kicking his xr600r trying to get it to start, I eventually went over to help and kicked a few times to where there was nothing happening, I then insisted in looking in the tank... it was bone dry. turns out he left it with fuel in it but one of his sons drained the gas out to put their motorcycle and didn't mention it to dad...

I hooked up my slime pump to the XRL yesterday to pump the front tire up after swapping rims. It idled for a while, then died, and would not restart. I thought it was odd, I don't usually ever have problems starting the L. But I figured I flooded it after a couple minutes and put her away.

So this morning I went out to ride to work, and it still wouldn't start. It would sputter, but just wouldn't catch... I didn't have time to mess with it, so I pushed her back into the yard and took the Dodge to work. :confused:

I though about it at work today, and started messing with it this evening. I made sure all the switches were in the right position, made sure the kick stand was up, and it was in neutral. I even drained the float bowl (which didn't take nearly as long as I recall it has in the past, just a dribble).

After cranking her over for a while I popped the fuel cap to be sure there wasn't a vacuum in the tank. Turns out I am out of gas. ?:worthy:

my buddy did the samething. i was helping him and i asked him if it had gas and he said yes. opened the carb drain and nothing. :busted:

So this morning I went out to ride to work, and it still wouldn't start. It would sputter, but just wouldn't catch... I didn't have time to mess with it, so I pushed her back into the yard and took the Dodge to work. :worthy:

After cranking her over for a while I popped the fuel cap to be sure there wasn't a vacuum in the tank. Turns out I am out of gas. ?:busted:

?:confused: