Utah Offroad bike registration good for Idaho?

Utah

I have been under the impression that all Utah OHV registrations were valid in Idaho, I have taken my bike to Idaho on numerous occasions and never though much of it. This winter we got a ticket for riding our utah registered snowmobiles in Idaho. I was told by a family member that only certain types of OHV's were allowed in Idaho with Utah registration(ie, 4 wheelers and motorcycles). I have searched the Utah OHV site but have found no solid answers! So do I need to register my KTM 300 in Idaho to ride there or will my Utah OHV registration suffice? It you have links that would be appreciated. Thanks Guys!

Ray

Well I believe I have answered my own question. I have been searching forever but I suddenly find this reciprocity list when I post the question.

Well for those who have the same question, the link below has a list of all states that dont have a reciprocity agreement with the state of Utah for ATV/motorbikes and snowmobiles. The list also shows me why we got a ticket in Idaho for one of our utah registered snowmobiles this winter and why I never got tickets for my Utah registered dirt bikes!

http://stateparks.utah.gov/ohv/reciprocity

Ray

yep, there is reciprocity for dirtbikes, but apparently not for sleds. go figger. I assume it has something to do with the grooming costs which are significant.

I have been under the impression that all Utah OHV registrations were valid in Idaho, I have taken my bike to Idaho on numerous occasions and never though much of it. This winter we got a ticket for riding our utah registered snowmobiles in Idaho. I was told by a family member that only certain types of OHV's were allowed in Idaho with Utah registration(ie, 4 wheelers and motorcycles). I have searched the Utah OHV site but have found no solid answers! So do I need to register my KTM 300 in Idaho to ride there or will my Utah OHV registration suffice? It you have links that would be appreciated. Thanks Guys!

Ray

Yes bikes will cross over-sleds will not.

Marc

WRP:thumbsup:

So I was driving to the DMV today and called to ask a question, when I find out by the recording that they are closed on Fridays! Dangit!!! So I went home and searched on Idahos website to see if I could register there since their registration is good here in Utah also.

This is what I found:

the answer to question #1 says, "Nonresidents are not required to register in Idaho unless they have operated within the state for more than 30 days." http://itd.idaho.gov/dmv/vehicleservices/restrictedvehiclefaqs.htm#16

Does this mean that I can ride in Idaho for 30 days without being registered in another state. And then I can just register here in Utah on Tuesday? Cause if not my riding for this weekend is really screwed up.

I was so excited while on my way to the DMV today and it totally ruined my day when I found out they were closed.

So I was driving to the DMV today and called to ask a question, when I find out by the recording that they are closed on Fridays! Dangit!!! So I went home and searched on Idahos website to see if I could register there since their registration is good here in Utah also. This is what I found:the answer to question #1 says, "Nonresidents are not required to register in Idaho unless they have operated within the state for more than 30 days." http://itd.idaho.gov/dmv/vehicleservices/restrictedvehiclefaqs.htm#16Does this mean that I can ride in Idaho for 30 days without being registered in another state. And then I can just register here in Utah on Tuesday? Cause if not my riding for this weekend is really screwed up. I was so excited while on my way to the DMV today and it totally ruined my day when I found out they were closed.

Im not sure about the time frames, what aboit getting an idaho ohv sticker and using that in utah too, does that work?

Im not sure about the time frames, what aboit getting an idaho ohv sticker and using that in utah too, does that work?

Ha quoting 5 year old posts...

My Idaho sticker has always worked in Utah. That being said I think you would have to prove you live or have property in Idaho to do that legally and ethically.

No reciprocity for sled stickers due to sled trail maintenance. Had to deal with those Idaho stickers on the sled for years.

Bikes, no issues.