Sign in to follow this  

2009 gasgas 300

Lookin to get back into riding, Rode a friends 250, really liked the cockpit, handling and overall motor, but found myself getting stuck between first and second a little more than id like.

I generally prefer to ride in the low to midrange of a motor, so i think the 300 is going to be the hot ticket and get rid of the issue of getting stuck between gears (nothing a gearing change couldn't have fixed, but i want a little more low end).

Did some saving, ready to buy a bike but we really only have one dealer here and the options are limited. The newer '10+ models are 7k+ and thats a little out of my range. Waited and waited and a used 2009 300 six days has shown up on the floor. Bike appears to be relatively low hours (under 50) has a few basic offroad mods, nothing too serious. Asking price is 5600 with taxes included. Is this reasonable? Bikes getting to be a few years old, seemed a little steep to me, but i might be wrong. Would you guys suggest cracking open the motor and checking it out and possibly doing a top end to be safe?

Also been looking but can't really find much on the suspension that it has, I know from reading here they seem to switch back and fourth between components on different models and years.

Just kinda lookin for a general heads up and a quick run down, thanks guys.

From what I've seen if it starts well usually the compressions good,and depending on the area(are you on van. Isle?) most riding seems only the first 3 gears.so they can have a pretty easy life on the engine.fwiw I'm selling. My 08 ec 250. Confident it shows as well. As any ec and it's got all guards dampers etc and it's geared and weighted @$4500

Lookin to get back into riding, Rode a friends 250, really liked the cockpit, handling and overall motor, but found myself getting stuck between first and second a little more than id like.

I generally prefer to ride in the low to midrange of a motor, so i think the 300 is going to be the hot ticket and get rid of the issue of getting stuck between gears (nothing a gearing change couldn't have fixed, but i want a little more low end).

A 50T rear eliminates most of the 1-2 shifts by pushing you into the higher gears - tightens the gaps between the others and trims the top speed just a skosh.

Suspension is a personal thing, but 2010 Sachs were much better stock than prior if you read the assembled knowledge base.

There is a 2011 EC300 on the Gas Gas Riders Forum for $5500 in Alabama. 40-50hrs, which seems a lot for a new bike, but my my thinking may be skewed because they have more riding season than us unlucky fools in new england.

I got my 07 Ec300 for $2500, they had an 09 EC300 there for $4000 at the same time, both bikes clean and in good shape. This was a local dealer. The price on the one your looking at seems high.

Thanks guys, appreciate it. I'll try and see if i can work with the price at all.

I think if i could come closer to 5k, i'd be satisfied.

Might want to research the six days bike before you buy one. I'm pretty sure they have a lighter fly wheel and quicker reving ignition. They probably dont lug down like an ec. Check out gofasters.com give them a call with tech questions and see what they have. They ship bikes all over the place.