Sign in to follow this  

Xr 250l removing 6th gear??!

I bought this bike awhile ago the previous owner removed the 6th gear for some reason. First off why would anybody do that? And how easy/expensive would it be to replace?

I really want to put a bigger sprocket on the back (still running the stocker) but I dual sport it so riding 55-60mph is a must. However with a larger sprocket and without 6th my top speed will take a hit. Right now its ok at 55 @ 60 starting to strain a little and 65 needs to shift up.

Trying to find the best route on this one the stock sprocket blows for trails.Thx.

Very confusing. I cant think of 1 good reason why someone would do that. Sounds like you'd have to open it up and see what the real deal is in there.

Very confusing. I cant think of 1 good reason why someone would do that. Sounds like you'd have to open it up and see what the real deal is in there.

I agree. when you replace the 6th gear use the L gear, NOT THE R GEAR, the L uses a taller gear.

Yeah Im going to have to crack it open to see whats going on. How difficult is it to change/install a gear? And where is the best place to locate one?