ktm sag #'s and spring

Ordered a new rear spring (one step lighter, i believe a 6.5) for my '11 exc 450. Was told with the ktm's not having linkage suspension I need a little more sag. I now have 114mm rider and 55ishmm static sag. Is that too much static and how will it effect. With the stock spring I had 39s and 87r. Could it be that their (fac conn) 7 spring is different than the 7 that was stock and maybe their 7 will get the right #'s? Should I go one more turn and have less r and less s? I'm 130 w/out gear and I ride mostly rocky trails at a pretty decent clip and will hit a intermediate mx track occasionally (more so if I'd get better and would not be such a puss w/ bigger jumps!). Thanks for any help. Will go try one turn to see what #'s I get.

your numbers are all over the place, the one you have now is way too heavy, the one you had before was not making sense on the numbers.

Just went 1 turn and now have 45s and 93ish r. I don't have anyone to help so I wire tied a tape measure and did the best I could w/ a small mirror and this is w/out gear. Seems I should still go one lighter. Yes? Thanks and sorry for any inaccurate info. The 114/55 was with gear and a buddy measuring. Went from Stock 7.0 to 6.5, should a 6.0 do or go to a 5.0 to get appx 10+mm rider sag?

what does the race tech chart say for your weight as it's still not really making sence

Sorry but those are the numbers I got. I'm not understanding what's not making sense. I must be a real idiot. Race tec shows 4.6. Maybe a 5.0 will suite me. Unless FC has a 4.5 available and will exchange the 6.5 they sold me. Will call them Mon., just thought I'd ask for some input on here. Never seems to be a cut and dry one step process.

I don't think you are a idiot , its just likely it's a measuring technique issue , doing it on your own is very hard and does lead to errors , give them a ring as race tech sounds very light and what you have sounds too stiff , I know that doesn't help but my charts goto 2010 and the 11 has a different shock angle I believe

Just had my sister help and I stood on the pegs w/ gear, 48-50 static and 112 rider. is that too much static? Even being a ktm (Fac Conn said upwards of 50), just checking for opinions. Checking yourself isn't very accurate I guess, as hard as I tried to be, it seems quite off. Numbers are all over now. I had my sis double check, maybe my buddy was off, wouldn't surprise me.

it's just a tad onthe stiff side now, could do with a couple of rates softer maybe 3 rates down

Is this with gear on make sure as gear adds close to 20 lbs .

Talking w/ a gentleman at Factory Connection and he's telling me to go w/ 120-125 mm rider sag and not to worry about static even if it's upwards of 60mm. WTH?? Anyone see any sense in this? I think I want around 35-40, but they are supposed to be the pros. ??????????????

talking poo he is , I would not go over 120mm ever , did you have your gear on ?

Had gear on w/ one rate lighter than stock. 47 static 107 rider. I talked to my suspension guy and gonna have him set me up. We agreed on a 5.8-6.0 which is a bit lighter yet. He told me he doesn't believe my bike even comes w/ a progressive spring and talked w/ his west coast guys (EVO ind) and he even suggested a straight rate spring as that's what he sets his baja racers up w/. I'm gonna lighten the fork springs as well. Ten people ten different suggestions or answers, I love it. Any one need a 6.5 progressive spring for a ktm?

Talking w/ a gentleman at Factory Connection and he's telling me to go w/ 120-125 mm rider sag and not to worry about static even if it's upwards of 60mm. WTH?? Anyone see any sense in this? I think I want around 35-40, but they are supposed to be the pros. ??????????????

find a ktm WP suspension shop, I'm not sure why people go to places that specialize in kyb or other brands

I would ask mx tech or slavens actually slavens was right on for me with a progressive as mx tech was one step lighter . I have 38 free and 110 rider which is perfect .