2006-07 200 XC-W pipe on a 2005 200 exc. Will it work?

I have an opportunity to purchase a 2007 200 XC-W FMF gnarly pipe, but I have a 2005 200 EXC. The pipes have different designs and shapes and I am wondering if the pipe will work correctly on my older bike? Is the porting different to need to older designed pipe? Frames are the same but I am not sure about the engines and what they need in a pipe. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks. Mike

it will work and work quite well. I used a stock 08 pipe on my 05 for awhile and aside from it being paper thin, I liked what it did for the power delivery.

Thanks gmoss for your reply. I was hoping you would reply to this thread. I tried your jetting recommendations (jets/needle) on my 200 and it was spot on!!!. Anyhow, I was sure the pipe would fit on my 2005 200, but I wasn't sure if it would work right. If the 2006-07 pipe doesn't work out, it looks like I can use a 2008 also. Great news. Thanks. Mike

Thanks gmoss for your reply. I was hoping you would reply to this thread. I tried your jetting recommendations (jets/needle) on my 200 and it was spot on!!!. Anyhow, I was sure the pipe would fit on my 2005 200, but I wasn't sure if it would work right. If the 2006-07 pipe doesn't work out, it looks like I can use a 2008 also. Great news. Thanks. Mike

I missed the Gnarly part and thought you were speaking of stock components. I doubt the Gnarly has changed or is different for those year models, even if they may have different part #'s. It will take away some overrev, but will give you gains on the low to mid.

I like it because it is darn tough.

Glad to help.

I have an opportunity to purchase a 2007 200 XC-W FMF gnarly pipe, but I have a 2005 200 EXC. The pipes have different designs and shapes and I am wondering if the pipe will work correctly on my older bike? Is the porting different to need to older designed pipe? Frames are the same but I am not sure about the engines and what they need in a pipe. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks. Mike

Direct perfect fit!