Sign in to follow this  

$500 - good deal?

Hello,

So....I have the chance to buy a 2004 yz 250 for $500. It was originally owned by the cousin of a co-worker, who used it for motocross. It has no title, because he lived in a state where a sticker wasn't needed.....then it was stored for about 3 years when he was in jail. ( He had it from the crate, and this wasn't his primary bike...)

He was advertising it for $1000, but because I know his friends, I know he needs rent money badly. He has offered to sell it for $500 instead.

I saw it last night...It has new tires, and kick starts. The seat was shaved down, the airbox cut out, and the wires for auto start and shut off were disabled.

Given that little bit of information....is this a good deal?

I have a drz400, and for the price....I'm interested in this bike just because it would be a different type of ride. It's not my only bike, and I'm not competing...just playing in the dirt. Whatdya think?

yeah...thats what I was thinking.....

For the price, kind of hard to pass up. Especially since I have seen it run.

yah sick price but this guy was in jail and it has no title? sounds like it could have easily been stolen. just sayin

Price sounds good, but with no title I would pass. The fact the seller did time does not bother you makes me wonder what kind of guy you are?

*** kind of comment is that? The fact that he did time for repeated dui's has nothing to do with me. He never titled it because he didn't need to, but will sign a bill of sale for me. ( He is the original owner, had it from the crate,

But did not need a title to ride off road in his state. )

I'll look in to doing a vin check anyways...

No brainer. Just do it. I have not titled my last 10 or so scoots and it has never been an issue (who needs a title to go ride in the dirt anyway, outside of cali)

No brainer. Just do it. I have not titled my last 10 or so scoots and it has never been an issue (who needs a title to go ride in the dirt anyway, outside of cali)

lots of states require a title not just cali... they steal bikes like crazy here, we NEED TITLES...

does he have the bill of sale?

if you dont jump on this im gonna buy it for $550 :smirk:

lol go for it man helluva deal if its legit

*** kind of comment is that? The fact that he did time for repeated dui's has nothing to do with me. He never titled it because he didn't need to, but will sign a bill of sale for me. ( He is the original owner, had it from the crate,

But did not need a title to ride off road in his state. )

I'll look in to doing a vin check anyways...

Checking the VIN seems smart to me. Receiving stolen property is no less a crime if you don't know it's stolen. Low prices on bikes without titles from convicts seem fishy. If you've ever had a bike stolen you'd know where I'm coming from.