Sign in to follow this  

Front Brake Adj

Hey guys, Need some help on adjusting the pull on my front brake lever. Right now it moves about 1/4 inch and basically locks the front brake. I want more of a pull to it fully engages to the lightest touch doesn't send me over the front. Not sure where to start with this and was wondering if anyone has any tricks or if there is a real way to do this. Thanks

cant really adjust what it sounds like you want to do. you can adjust how close the lever is to the handlebar with the adjuster screw under the rubber dust cover. but you cant adjust how much pull you have till the brake is fully actuated. sounds like you might need to practice finess with hitting the brakes. i found one finger is more than enough to work the front brake

... Not sure where to start with this and was wondering if anyone has any tricks or if there is a real way to do this. Thanks

Get a little air in the system... :smirk: :smirk: :prof:

It'll become all squidgey and unpredictable all at the same time...

Seriously. You can put some air in the system if it is really a problem for you.

Seriously. You can put some air in the system if it is really a problem for you.

I know, I know - it's just that it flies in the face of all the development that was done to get disc brakes working/functional/cost effective.

But at the end of the day - it is what works for the rider that really counts, isn't it??

But HOW MUCH air....Hmmmm..... (sorry, couldn't resist!!) LOL!!

I think i remember some KTM owners removing some of the brake pad friction material on their rear brakes because they were 'too keen', it lowers the braking ability but i would try just using less force as already advised:ride:

I never use all 4 fingers on the front brake lever, i usually manage fine with just 2 :smirk:

Ian