Sign in to follow this  

help please

am in need of knowing what year my bike is when i bought it i was told its rather a 2000 or 2001 am in middel of ordering all the parts for rebuild so need to know the year can anyone help here is few pics thanks

gavspics059-1.jpg

kaka056.jpg

2000's had a black airbox, 2001's had a white airbox... there ya go its a 2001 unless someone changed the airbox down the road.

2000's had a black airbox, 2001's had a white airbox... there ya go its a 2001 unless someone changed the airbox down the road.

2000 had a white airbox as well, 1999 had the black airbox. Check the 10th digit of the vin number and do a search for it.

yeah that is right, well here is another one, the 2000 had a steel subframe, the 01 had a aluminum one

thanks for the help i have started the put engine back together and when i was putting gearbox in the shift forks fall out :smirk: and dont know what way they go back in anyone got any pics or diagrams please

is this bike a yz250f? didnt they only come out in 2001? my australian model 2001 came with black airbox and alloy subframe. yz250f only came out in 2001 so how can it be a 1999 model? unless its a 426 or 400