Sign in to follow this  

need help please

am in need of knowing what year my bike is when i bought it i was told its rather a 2000 or 2001 am in middel of ordering all the parts for rebuild so need to know the year can anyone help here is few pics thanks

gavspics059-1.jpg

kaka056.jpg

The white airbox means it is an 01. 99-01 Yz250's are almost fully interchangable anyways, hopefully someone can chime in on specifics. What parts are questioning?

check the frame by the triple clamp on alot of bikes ( not sure about this one) it tells you the year

Agree with it being an '00 or '01 because of the white airbox.

The 2000s have a solid front brake rotor, the '01s have a floating rotor.

Can't really tell from your photos, but you can see the different rotors here...

Solid disc:

http://shop.thumpertalk.com/oem.asp?partcategory=36449&manufacturer=6&category=3&year=2000&model=961

Floating disc:

http://shop.thumpertalk.com/oem.asp?partcategory=286794&manufacturer=6&category=3&year=2001&model=6952

thanks for that but my frame or engine numbers are mine olny has 11 with a star at each end i know they have not been messed with u can just tell were do i go from here

thanks for that but my frame or engine numbers are mine olny has 11 with a star at each end i know they have not been messed with u can just tell were do i go from here
Well, then look at the links I posted earlier and see which disc matches your front disc.

Well, then look at the links I posted earlier and see which disc matches your front disc.

mine is the vented one so must be 2001

Just to be sure, look for 6 "buttons" that link the outer disc to the inner rotor, like this...

2001_front_disc.gif

If you don't see the buttons it is a solid rotor and therefore a 2000 model.