Sign in to follow this  

2007 KX250F Gold Valve Question

Anybody have info on a Showa fork install of a Race Tech gold valve. I am looking at mid valve versus base valve (I can't afford both right now) and was wondering if there was an advantage to either. I get a bit of harshness and think the mid is the reason. I am also doing the rear shock. I ride mainly track and find the fork has good bottoming resistance but is harsh and deflects over square edge bumps and slap down landings.

just lower you oil level and it may well fix your problems , you can go as low as 310cc , don't overlook the simple things

I have tried that, but I find the fork dives too much then. I am currently running it at 360cc. I have gone as low as 340cc but didn't like it. Thanks though:thumbsup:

what do you weigh ?

About 160-165lbs. and I race Vet Master and 40+ just for an ability range..

with the oil my sweet spot is 350cc, maybe all you need is to replace just a few shims in the bigging of the stack.

well you are about right for the springs , it's a tricky one your problem , what rear sag do you run ?

with the oil my sweet spot is 350cc, maybe all you need is to replace just a few shims in the bigging of the stack.

That is a thought :thumbsup:

well you are about right for the springs , it's a tricky one your problem , what rear sag do you run ?

95-100mm usually. I like a bit less sag than normal as I find it helps the Kawi turn a bit better.

on my 07 i still wouldnt run that little, just try 105 i bet it turns better! save the money from the gold valve and get 20mm triple clamps it makes it the best handling bike out there. i also run my forks down only 2-5 mm in the clamps.

i would try 105mm sag and see if less weight on the forks stops the delfecting

yeah man what these guys are saying is right just try the simple things if thats not working go into tuner and get them to shuffle the stacks its not that hard setting up jap bikes if you have correct springs etc just try diff sag/ fork height/oil height save you lots of $$$

Thanks for all the responses. I have moved stuff around a lot on this bike (oil heights, clickers etc) and have just never felt comfortable with the suspension. It also has approx. 175 on the valve stacks (I change oil an such regularly) and I was going to do it just to get a hopefully better feel. I may try the 105mm sag as everyone seems to be going with more sag these days (I checked mine and it is at 100mm). I was really just hoping someone had run these 2 different valves and see what they thought, but maybe I will be the first :smirk:.

Thanks for all the responses. I have moved stuff around a lot on this bike (oil heights, clickers etc) and have just never felt comfortable with the suspension. It also has approx. 175 on the valve stacks (I change oil an such regularly) and I was going to do it just to get a hopefully better feel. I may try the 105mm sag as everyone seems to be going with more sag these days (I checked mine and it is at 100mm). I was really just hoping someone had run these 2 different valves and see what they thought, but maybe I will be the first :smirk:.

you're in canada? call roy borton, or ride concepts. you will be very happy with either one.:smirk::ride:

Learn how to re-valve yourself. Showa forks and shocks are not hard to re-valve. I learned how from thedogger on this site and have revalved two sets of forks and two shocks. Look under honda crf450r thread sticky.

With $30 dollars in shims, fork and shock oil plus some time you can have a great suspension.

oh yeah mate ive got a 250sxf and i tryed out the stock valves in both ends and they were ok but i ended up going to gold valves because they worked so well on my previous bike they do deff work only thing im complaining about it the forks dive a bit use to much travel under braking and cornering thats all so im looking for a fix for that atm :\