anyonow how to wire up this light?

UFO dual light universal.

as such: ebay item # 230388321327

It looks as if there is one bulb for high and one for low. You run ground to both, and high to the positive of one and low to the positive of the other. Or run power from orange to low beam so it stays on all the time if the key is on.

It looks as if there is one bulb for high and one for low. You run ground to both, and high to the positive of one and low to the positive of the other. Or run power from orange to low beam so it stays on all the time if the key is on.

is orange from the factory wiring harness?

ebay- what model DRZ? US models of S and SM light is always on.

ebay- what model DRZ? US models of S and SM light is always on.

US model drz400sm

slow- Oh I see what you mean. Power LO independent of the HI/LO switch so LO is on regardless of the beam selector switch position. No diodes or relays needed, cool.

ebay - Yes orange in the factory harness. Orange is switched 12 volt POS power.

I should have explained that better. Noble got what I meant, yes connect orange from the factory harness to the low beam, and yellow, which is the high beam power to the high beam light. That way when the hi/lo switch is on low, it doesn't do anything, but on high it turns on the second light. I should note that the ground wire to the second light probably should be run separately to a main ground point so that the factory wire isn't overloaded by having both lights on it.

Connecting the yellow (all colors factory harness) to high, black/white to low beam and ground for both lights to black would work just fine with only one bulb on at a time. I think I read the colors correctly off the diagram.

wiring diagram drz400s-sm.05on.jpg

ok i see no orange on my existing light heres what i got

2- all yellow

1 white

1 black/white wire

there is no orange and i cant read a wiring diagram at all!!..lol

IMG_4409.jpg

ANY orange wire behind the headlight is switched power. Open up the plastic wrap that is around the connectors and you will find several orange wires. I mean the rain guard that is held closed by velcro. It isn't in your picture, it would be up higher.

oh just splice into it?

yes, splice into it however you like. I guess I should suggest heat shrink tubing and soldering as the best splice. You could find the wire leading to the headlight switch as that already powers it if you like.

i hooked it up and wired both yellow wires to to one wire from each light of the UFO light and i put he white one to one of the remaining lights wires and the black/white wire to the other remaining wire and it seems to work ob both high and low beam...i didnt use an orange wire will this hurt anything?

are you saying there are 3 wires from each light on the UFO? On the bike the yellow is high beam. One yellow is high beam power from the hi/lo switch and the other one goes to the high beam light on the dash. The white is low beam from the hi/lo switch. Black/white is ground.

As long as you have the ground connected to the correct wire on the UFO then the lights should be as bright as they should be.

Leave it on for a while and see if any wires are getting warm. If only a little warm or not at all warm then they are not badly overloaded. If quite warm you need to change something by adding thicker wire or using a relay.

there are 2 wires from each ufo light took one wire from each and put them together and took both yellow wires and put them with the two i previously put together...then there is one wireleft coming from each ufo light...i put the white one on one and the black/white one on the other

the black/white should be the one that goes to both