Ebay side racks or happy trails for soft luggage

Anyone here either of these racks? I'm tryong to decide which racks to buy, I'm going to be using them with some nelson riggs cl850 bags that I have on order.

ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170636518653

Happy trails:

http://www.happy-trail.com/Suzuki-DRZ400S/OSR-Original%20Side-Racks-DRZ400S.aspx

Edited by Lostj

My side bags needed a support on the left side and a muffler guard on the right. The happy trails seems to cover those needs and would be the one I would pick.

What do you mean?

The ebay set lack this?

Please explain.

Thanks.

I already ordered the happy trails racks but I noticed in the ebay pictures, the drz still has the passenger pegs and the happy trails pictures don't show the pegs.

can I still mount the pegs with the happy trails racks?

I have the HT set and just returned home from the mountains in WV...I dumped the bike on its left side on a "stair stepper" rock face:doh:. The HT rack did its job perfectly and didn't bend at all.

You can mount the rack over the passenger peg brackets without a problem. I have removed the pegs but retained the brackets (just to use as tie-down points).

I've got an unused set of the ebay ones I'll sell for $65 pus shipping. PM me if interested.

i sent you a pm.

I already ordered the happy trails racks but my brother needs racks for his drz.

Durn I woulda sold ya some nelson rigg saddle bags and matching trunk luggage for $100 + shipping .. I used em for two years and had a heat shield over the muffler is all . Nice roomy bags and the cup holders are great.

DSC00019.jpg

This was all I used with them

drz002.jpg

drz005.jpg

Ive finally moved on to hardbags , have some bigger night vision ammo cans coming ,

DSC00111.jpg

Durn I woulda sold ya some nelson rigg saddle bags and matching trunk luggage for $100 + shipping .. I used em for two years and had a heat shield over the muffler is all . Nice roomy bags and the cup holders are great.

I like those ammo cans ?

what model are the side bags? my brother still hasn't bought his side bags yet

anymore pictures of the heat shield?

CL-1000 Silver streak saddlebags , NELSON-RIGG TAILPACK SILVER STREAK SSC-165 , Still have the unfiled warranty cards. I can take pictures , had advertised em locally to come out in this weeks trader.

The heat shield is just a piece of tractor supply sheet metal bent around a 1# propane tank , attaches to the two bolt holes ontop the stock muffler with like half inch or so spacers . High temperature epoxied on the heat shield material ..

You can shape it however you like i just kept it simple to see if it worked and it did , it was pretty rusty when i took it off two years later , planned on painting it just never did.

You cant really see it with the saddle bags on anyway .

drz004.jpg

drz003.jpg

drz001.jpg

drz021.jpg