who rides at 137th and 8th

have not been there since all this rain, but I ride there alot! this place is close for me (5 Miles away) and the trails are pretty good if you know where to go let me know if you been out there lately and it looks dry? id like to go but not to sink my bike in the mud:thumbsdn:?

i was there last weekend and it wasn't bad just a bit of mud that was avoidable. it is pretty close for me to and is a good spot considering all the places are closing down. PM me when you might go and i'll see if i can go.

I saw (2) big green trash dumsters full of what looked like all the stuff the paintballers used in the field they play in. looks like they cleaned out alot of they stuff they had set up. Those paintballer guys leave a huge mess in that small area to the south. Lets hope this is not the end of this area for off-roading.

I saw (2) big green trash dumsters full of what looked like all the stuff the paintballers used in the field they play in. looks like they cleaned out alot of they stuff they had set up. Those paintballer guys leave a huge mess in that small area to the south. Lets hope this is not the end of this area for off-roading.

Its still dry out there & some of the burnt areas are still smoldering.

I saw the dumpsters too yesturday

Edited by Lostj

I wanna go. When's the next time you guys are going?

if it doesnt rain too much, 2 or 3 of us on drz's are probably going to go riding there next weekend. if anyone wants to come along just send me a pm.

looks like rain is in the forecast before the weekend. I was out there today and was told its bone dry:applause: I say we should ride before the rain comes this weekend. let me know I will show you guys some killer trails:D:banana:

man i took the katoom out for the first time today and i SUCK.... so much to re-learn... I'd almost be nervous to head out with you guys, wouldn't want to slow you down to much. Think i need some more seat time before i let anyone see how far i've regressed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I try to go out there regularly but I aint a fan of mud. When its dry there are some great trails, I even got a little 5 mile loop through the woods. if you stay to the south(through the pine trees) its dryer but really slippery. I cant wait for the cold dry season comin up. Right now the stadium (nw 27ave) sand area is the best with all this rain. the sand should be nice and packed in but you gotta go from like 9am-12noon the latest. Its pretty small area but has a nice little track with some great berms. I've never had a problem there:thumbsup:

• 4 months later...

Is this place still good to ride. Any problems (like break-ins) with leaving your vehicle for a couple hours while riding? I recently moved to the area from Chicago and am looking for trails to ride . I actually live up in Delray but am looking for any areas within an hours ride from my place.

thanks