CR 125 bogging??

My 2003 CR 125 is bogging a little. Like when you are turning or almost stopped and open it all the way it bogs but when you give it like 3/4 throttle and wait till the revs get up then you can open it all the way. Is this normal on 2 stroke bikes?

Ill go out and ride it again wednesday and pinpoint exactly where it is. My dads a mechanic and we have a service manual anyways. Would it bog if i was in second? Because i cant really remember what gear im in. Sorry if any of this doesnt make any sense

It could... but I weigh 230 lbs before gear and still rip around the track on my 125 and it never bogs. Takes a ton of clutch work to keep the RPMs up at times but I can take the gate in 2nd gear without it bogging. So Id say no it shouldnt really bog. The symptoms you describe dont sound like a PV issue to me but anyways, Im willing to bet theres a 90% chance its a jetting issue.

The best way to pinpoint exactly where the bog is is to put a peice of tape on your throttle housing and mark your throttle fully closed and fully open and measure the distance between the two marks and mark 1/2 way and then half way from the mid point to the closed mark and half way to the open mark.

My 2003 CR 125 is bogging a little. Like when you are turning or almost stopped and open it all the way it bogs but when you give it like 3/4 throttle and wait till the revs get up then you can open it all the way. Is this normal on 2 stroke bikes?

We had a 2003 Honda CR125...quite possibly one of the best bikes we ever had!

We used Maxima Racing USA Castor 927 oil w/ high octane race gas in a 32/1 mix w/ a ProCircuit Pipe. Keep the power valves clean..very clean. Keep the air filter clean, change often. You might have to go up a size or 2 on that main jet but we never done anything. May not be of any help but just some info for you.?

I dont think its a jetting problem because when we got the bike it wasnt bogging, but i dont know what octane gas they were using. I also crashed and my bike flipped and stuff, thats when i kinda started to notice it. Would that mess anything up?