Sign in to follow this  

Small genny.

EU2000i Honda or the EF2000is Yamaha? My Harbor Freight Kipor 1000 has been virtually flawless for over 5 years but I need something slightly larger.

Honda EU2000i is without a doubt, one of the finest gennies i have ever owned. I have found Honda power equipment to be some of the best quality out there. I have used the heck out of mine. I have been building a cabin, it runs everything, even the pancake compressor to run all my air nailers. Saws, drills, etc. Now it wont run them all under load at once, but it runs them all and in "eco mode" where its jsut above an idle. I run this thing for hours all day while working, plus late into the evening powering up my cabin (I have it wired into the cabin itself) I liked it so much, I bought their bigger EU6500is, ie electric start, and it has the exact same noise rating at the little 2000. I cant imagine life without my Honda EU2000i. But UdLuz mentioned Kipor, basically chinese clones of the Honda and they come in the 2000 watter too. The seem to be good quaility, Im certain the quality isnt as good as the Honda, but cheaper. Not by a whole bunch if you shop around. Best prices on the net is http://www.wisesales.com and they have Kipor and Honda. I bought mine both from http://www.bigskypower.com Dealers are no longer allowed ot show prices on the net, you may have to call or add it to your cart before you can see it. But the 2000i can be had shipped for under $900

I would not get anything under the 2000 watter minimum.

• Like 1

I pull my 9600 BTU a/c with my Honda 2k.

Don't know if the Yami will pull it but probably both would be great.

My Honda rocks (one of the best purchases I have ever made)

Almost everyone in our camp has one.

Even Motorhome and large trailer guys in our crew have them for everyday use.

I pull my 9600 BTU a/c with my Honda 2k.

Don't know if the Yami will pull it but probably both would be great.

My Honda rocks (one of the best purchases I have ever made)

Almost everyone in our camp has one.

Even Motorhome and large trailer guys in our crew have them for everyday use.

Agreed, if I was a commisioned sales person for Honda powerequipment, I'd be wealthy now. People just see mine in action and not hear it, they buy it. Its exactly how I got mine. I heard, or didnt hear one running. :smirk:

Ordered the Honda.

Ud_Luz, you know they now have the "companion" model, it doesnt have a 12v charger in it, but it has a 30A RV plug. Oh, and you get get it in "Real Tree: cammo too, but I think its an extra $200 and its easier to lose. :smirk::smirk:

You wont be dissapointed. Where did you get it from?