question about boots??!!

i recently suffered a serious injury to my right calf muscle resulting in some extensive surgery and a skin graft. my question is where can i find a set of motocross boots that are taller than usual. i want to have all of my injury inside the boot whick requires a height of roughly 19 inches from the ground. does anyone know where i can find a boot like this or a company that might be able to make me something? i would really appriciate the help! Bill

CRAZY! I recently suffered the same injury and found a pair of Answer boots that nearly go up to my knees... (I'm 5'4" so it wasn't hard.) But honestly, the tall boots are actually somewhat bothersome in certain aspects of riding. Starting my bike is especially difficult. I will probably look for other protective alternatives.

Well im roughly 6'2 so i havent found a boot that does the job yet. the knee brace was kool but sounds like its for larger people but im sure i can find one that fits considering im pretty skinny also. it was an impact injury so i wanna protect the muscle and the rather large skin graft from abrisive forsce as well. aligee- sorry to hear, hope ur doin good. i appricate the advice and links.

Well im roughly 6'2 so i havent found a boot that does the job yet. the knee brace was kool but sounds like its for larger people but im sure i can find one that fits considering im pretty skinny also. it was an impact injury so i wanna protect the muscle and the rather large skin graft from abrisive forsce as well. aligee- sorry to hear, hope ur doin good. i appricate the advice and links.

Was the injury to your calf? Sounds like it might have been kind of a freak accident. Maybe you can get a piece of heavy leather and create a wrap of some kind that laces up? Wear that as a base layer over the injury? Or even a heavy canvas like sail clothe?

well its a long story but ill try and make it short. was at my local ikea screwin around with my 06 TE 510 that i just converted to sm. wasnt familiar with the bike enough to be doin what i was doin, tires were cold, cold day ect. i got goin WWAAAAYYYY too fast, like 90+ mph and couldnt stop in time. misjudgement on my space and braking power. parking lot curves right and i was on the little rocks and salt that they hadnt cleaned yet. couldnt stick the turn so i tried to slide up onto the curb and bail into the grass/bushes but slammed sideways into the concrete base for the lot-lights. leg got crushed between the bike and the concrete, and kinda blew my leg open. wasnt pretty and hurt like nothing i could have ever imagined. so now im left with a potato sized skin graft on the inside of my right shin and a muscle flap to cover up the shin bone where i damaged the protective membrane. lots of damage and im still in the process of healing and getting my strenght and mobility back. the skin graft isnt as strong as reg skin so i wanted to boot to cover it but it looks like im goin for an alternative :smirk:

well its a long story but ill try and make it short. was at my local ikea screwin around with my 06 TE 510 that i just converted to sm. wasnt familiar with the bike enough to be doin what i was doin, tires were cold, cold day ect. i got goin WWAAAAYYYY too fast, like 90+ mph and couldnt stop in time. misjudgement on my space and braking power. parking lot curves right and i was on the little rocks and salt that they hadnt cleaned yet. couldnt stick the turn so i tried to slide up onto the curb and bail into the grass/bushes but slammed sideways into the concrete base for the lot-lights. leg got crushed between the bike and the concrete, and kinda blew my leg open. wasnt pretty and hurt like nothing i could have ever imagined. so now im left with a potato sized skin graft on the inside of my right shin and a muscle flap to cover up the shin bone where i damaged the protective membrane. lots of damage and im still in the process of healing and getting my strenght and mobility back. the skin graft isnt as strong as reg skin so i wanted to boot to cover it but it looks like im goin for an alternative :smirk:

Yikes! Sounds painful!!! Sounds like what you need is a heavy layer like my leather/cloth idea. Get creative.