Sign in to follow this  

New handlebars needed to go with Barrisers

I currently have stock bars and 7/8" (Regular) FORWARD RISERS (moves your bars 1.5" up and 1.375" forward). I now need new bars. I am 6-1. Current set up seems OK. Any recommendations on new bars? I like the Renthals. Don't want to run into cabling problems. Thanks.

So can I go with the Rental CR High? They are about an inch taller than the stock bars. Is this a good choice combined with the Barrisers for my 6-1 height. I assume the additional inch won't impact cables.

I have the exact same risers, and just put on a set of Pro Taper Henry Reed bends. I am only 5'10", but I know guys who are 6' use this bend.

I had no trouble with the cables at all.

Here they are from the front:

KawarthaLakes-20110519-00017.jpg

From the cockpit:

KawarthaLakes-20110519-00018.jpg

And a comparison to the stock bars (obviously the stock bars would be another inch forward, but you can see the height difference):

KawarthaLakes-20110519-00020.jpg

I love the bend of these bars. They have less sweep than the CR highs I had before these (mind you, thye last were were bent, so it may not have been the natural sweep on them)!

Good luck with your choice!

Edited by Mr. C

I'm 6'1" and looking to upgrade my handlebar and handlebar position as well. Mr. C where did you get those risers? They are made to clamp onto a 7/8 riser, move them up and foward, and clamp a 1 1/8 bar correct?

I'm 6'1" and looking to upgrade my handlebar and handlebar position as well. Mr. C where did you get those risers? They are made to clamp onto a 7/8 riser, move them up and forward, and clamp a 1 1/8 bar correct?

Hi there. The risers are from a Canadian company: http://www.barrisersonline.com/

They have a few different models, so check it out. The ones I have raise and push the bars forward. My new bars are also 7/8", but they may have something that will convert to a fat bar.

I hope this helps! :smirk:

I have those same risers and I added the Renthal RC High bars. RC not CR. RC is even taller and less sweep if that is what you're looking for. I'm 6'4 so I looked everywhere for the tallest bar I could find .... RC is it.

I believe I had to do some minimal re-routing of the cables, they originally go through the headlight frame so I just by-passed the head light frame to free up some slack.