04 yz 250 triple tree question

anyone know for sure the years that are a direct fit ?

replacing my forks and want to replace it too.

thanks

2004 triple clamps are unique to that year. They were the first year to have 48mm forks, so they will accept later years forks but not earlier. Also they are from the steel frame so the latter years triple clamps will not fit.

You will need 04 clamps

well that's about my luck, i knew about the forks but was not sure on the triples, did they make the steel frame with a different height between the triples ?

thanks

Newer clamps will work on a 04. I put 06 one on mine, 06 and up are 2mm wider but the axle will still work.

well that's about my luck, i knew about the forks but was not sure on the triples, did they make the steel frame with a different height between the triples ?

thanks

The heights should be the same, my earlier post was refering to the clamp stops. They are different between the steel frame and ali frame.

I'm sure it could be modded to suit.

Newer clamps will work on a 04. I put 06 one on mine, 06 and up are 2mm wider but the axle will still work.
This agrees with what TT member Crusty1 found during his frame swap; later model (aluminum-frame) triple clamps will work as long as you pay attention to the fork stops.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?p=9567678#post9567678

...did they make the steel frame with a different height between the triples ?
The 125 & 250F run stems that are about 9mm shorter, but all the 250 2-strokes run the same length stem.